Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:00:53 PM EDT
When are you going to start charging for range time?....

You could turn it around and put it into new target stands, maybe pour cement shooting benches, or some new target steel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
And an espresso machine. You may as well get my $3.50 for a cup of coffee & soymilk. No skirt though....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]

MONEY = WORK = MISERY

FREE = FUN = MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING

It is a beautiful day out, about 65 F verrryyy niiiice
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

MONEY = WORK = MISERY

FREE = FUN = MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING

It is a beautiful day out, about 65 F verrryyy niiiice

Yup, it sure changes the dynamics when you quit measuring everything in dollars.

I make good deals and bad deals, but I always look forward to the results.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I make good deals and bad deals, but I always look forward to the results.

I like the results of the last deal we did.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I thinks its a great idea to bring Strat offerings for his hospitality and openess. I'll help build new targets if you like. I have angle steel and other stuff to help. We could always go buy spinner targets snd see how they fair against an M1....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thinks its a great idea to bring Strat offerings for his hospitality and openess. I'll help build new targets if you like. I have angle steel and other stuff to help. We could always go buy spinner targets snd see how they fair against an M1....

I made all kinds of steel targets over the years, they are great for the standard pistols and 22lr but rifles either rip the targets up or deflect the rounds back at the shooter when using real rifle calibers, even had a guy injured from 12 buck shot coming back and going through his arm.

ALGOTUF 500B will stop even 50bmg AP ammo but if the target is angled it deflects the rounds, I made sone moving targets, both in the verticle and horizontle and both kinds send round back at us, I had a 30-30 round just miss my head once, cured me of steel targets fo rifles, unless the stands are steel and the moving part is wood that causes the round to penetrate instead of deflecting.

I would like to build a "merry go round" type where the weather vane like cross arms travel in a circle with wood targets sticking up about 5feet with a shoot and a no shoot target on each going by a window should be challenging and fun stage to shoot.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgot to add, if you have some real light angle it makes the best IDPA target stands, 10 of them spead out over 40 feet really help to teach scanning discipline and avoid tunnel vision tachy psycy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#9]
That ROP guy that R-32 knows is a welder.
He fixed Da_Bunny's chair....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Myself and EOP just went thru the supply's

I have a dozen 8' 2x2's and enough plywood to do 6 2'X4' targets, were thinking of doing something along the lines of welding up some angle iron and having drop in plywood target backers, and im going to make one that drops in and it will hold 9 clay's....

any better ideas?...

We have lost of scrap, just little imagination.

I would still rather have elevated shooting positions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't understand exactly what you mean, are you saying you want to be Da_Bunny's doorgunner ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't understand exactly what you mean, are you saying you want to be Da_Bunny's doorgunner ?

I would ride in hoot's sidecar before I would fly with DaBunny.

I was thinking something like this...

Maybe a little bigger, with a roof, at the 200 yd line.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.geocities.com/m_tichenor99/treestand.jpg

I am thinking the same thing, i got some truck tires I was going to make a tunnel out of for  sound suppressor to shoot through, i did not realize the town of Monroe can hear all the rifle fire so clearly, so the elevated shack with a firering tube like thing might reduce the stress on the neighbors.

Could we please get legally attached sound suppressors in Washington.  !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.geocities.com/m_tichenor99/treestand.jpg

I am thinking the same thing, i got some truck tires I was going to make a tunnel out of for  sound suppressor to shoot through, i did not realize the town of Monroe can hear all the rifle fire so clearly, so the elevated shack with a firering tube like thing might reduce the stress on the neighbors.

Could we please get legally attached sound suppressors in Washington.  !!!!!!!

I can hear you guys when you are shooting the bigger stuff from my house...

Maybe something like this?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Could always try and go with something like this...

Go with halfdoors, and a door on the back side to get in and out of..You could shoot prone, or put a bence in it. throw up some insulation and a light. It would be pretty loud to shoot inside of ,but not any worse than shooting at an indoor range, and it should kill off a lot of the noise.

How much scrap wood do you have around?

I have a dozen or so 2x4's a couple of sheets of plywood, and enough roofing shingles to do the roof.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a couple of old bed frames here which are light angle and work great for this. I'm thinking we'll do the rail thing like R32 so we can drop clay pigeons in and then shoot 'em out. Drop more in and shoot more out...Drop more in and.. Well, you get the picture. I got lots of tools to build the shack too. Yeehah, No more worrying bout the rain.We'll cover the whole darn field and have an indoor range.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I have some tires to donate to the sound suppressor tube. That would probably work pretty cool for shooting from a bipod. I'll start on the targets this week.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm kinda liking the whole climbing wall / rapelling tower / voting platform thing
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I think there is a tower at the prison that can be used.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Be sure to test the prototype target stand before mass production.  volunteer tester
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Prototypes delivered. Plink away. Now for the tire tunnel silencing tube.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Darn it, I take a couple days off and......
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

How about shooting from the seated position?  You must train to defend yourself in ALL situations!

ETA:I have GOT to get up there sometime.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

How about shooting from the seated position?  You must train to defend yourself in ALL situations!

It needs firing ports.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.dcn.org/angler/shed%20021305%20(2)%20(Medium).JPG

www.rocketreviews.com/images6/newtons_porta_potty02.jpg

That adds a new meaning to "getting caught with your pants down!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top