Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:19:23 AM EDT
Last chance to ammo up for the Easter Bunny.

Our newest Marine will be there, Saturday. Any side bets on how fast he eats breakfast?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
slackers
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I need to buy an EOtech, or an Aimpoint to hold me over while Im saving money for my Acog.

Im just trying to figure out if the Acog will be better on the Garand, or on the M1-carbine?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With surgery next week, Bunny I don't think you should be going.

Oh yeah, you're just the guy I want to talk to about medical issues. Where is my voodoo doll?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I need to buy an EOtech, or an Aimpoint to hold me over while Im saving money for my Acog.

Im just trying to figure out if the Acog will be better on the Garand, or on the M1-carbine?

It would seem that $300+ would be better spent towards saving for the ACOG
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that, but to be honest with ya...

I could afford to go buy all three right now without hurting, I have been working 12 hour shifts at work 2 nights a week since the first of the year, with no end in site, and my fire dept check (about $300 a Month) is my play money. I just like to drag it out over a couple of months so the wife thinks Im really trying to save up for it.

Besides, when was the last time you saw a Acog mount for a M1 Garand?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could afford to go buy all three right now without hurting, I have been working 12 hour shifts at work 2 nights a week since the first of the year, with no end in site, and my fire dept check (about $300 a Month) is my play money. I just like to drag it out over a couple of months so the wife thinks Im really trying to save up for it.

Ah alright. I figured there was a reason behind it. I would get the Eotech over the Aimpoint if you do decide to buy one.  I liked my Eotech better over the limited time I spent using the Aimpoint during OSUT. They're cheaper too from what I've seen.

An ACOG on a Garand would be pretty sweet and unique.

I picked up a HK P2000 .40 LEM+250rds Speer Gold Dots a couple weeks ago from a buddy here for $500 .  He is heading to Okinawa so he can't bring any cool toys along but I'm sure he'll have a heck of a time over there.
This summer I'm probably going to get an 1911 before graduation or when I get back to WA. I'll finally be 21 2days before graduation!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

An ACOG on a Garand would be pretty sweet and unique.

Since I dont own a ar15 I have to mount it on something.

I picked up a HK P2000 .40 LEM+250rds Speer Gold Dots a couple weeks ago from a buddy here for $500 .  He is heading to Okinawa so he can't bring any cool toys along but I'm sure he'll have a heck of a time over there.
This summer I'm probably going to get an 1911 before graduation or when I get back to WA. I'll finally be 21 2days before graduation!

That is a pretty sweet deal, what .45 are you thinking on getting?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look for some paper from me this week.  SnoCom said no.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Our newest Marine will be there, Saturday. Any side bets on how fast he eats breakfast?

I'll be glad to take one of your AKs to LCR so you can say it was there.  I might even shoot it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well I was looking at a Springfield Loaded Full Size MC Operator PX9105ML or a Kimber Desert Warrior.  The TRP Light Rail Armory Kote looked nice but obvioulsy its more.  A buddy in my class told me to get a Springfield "Loaded" 1911 then he would help me clean it up and install some better parts on it. He has an operator he did work on by using the Wilson armory video.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I was looking at a Springfield Loaded Full Size MC Operator PX9105ML or a Kimber Desert Warrior.  The TRP Light Rail Armory Kote looked nice but obvioulsy its more.  A buddy in my class told me to get a Springfield "Loaded" 1911 then he would help me clean it up and install some better parts on it. He has an operator he did work on by using the Wilson armory video.

Both good choices, I know that I said that I would not get another Kimber..(just over priced).

But that Desert Warrier just looks too damn nice.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Midway has the best prices I've seen on Eothechs.
http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?TabID=0&category_selector=all_products&search_keywords=Eotech
I think Strat might also have a used one for sale.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#15]

click picture for info

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be glad to take one of your AKs to LCR so you can say it was there.  I might even shoot it.

NO!

MineMineMineMineMineMineMine!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Decent chance I'll be there Sunday.  I need 2 slings.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Breakfast?...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Breakfast?...

If I can shake my arse outta bed.  For some reason I've been just worn out lately.  I recon it's do to having too much blood in my alcohol system.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Breakfast?...

If I can shake my arse outta bed.  For some reason I've been just worn out lately.  I recon it's do to having too much blood in my alcohol system.

I smell that!...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
WAC says they're out of tables.  This means I'm not going, but you guys that are there should have fun.

Come to the LCR shoot. I know it's a long ways from your house and all...    

Bring some S/S S&W's for me to look at.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Damn, sorry to hear that dude, But keep at it, It took me a couple of trys to get in.

I dont know what the deal is with our place right now, ( or any of the centers right now, we are all understaffed, and cant find qualified people). we picked up 4 and 2 are gone already, with 6 slots waiting on the money, that we have blown in Overtime.

Nothing easy about getting this job, any little glitch can catch you in the process. Just keep at it!...There is also WSP, marysville.

I will be sure to give a heads up to a couple of people in here when we post agian.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, sorry to hear that dude, But keep at it, It took me a couple of trys to get in.

I dont know what the deal is with our place right now, ( or any of the centers right now, we are all understaffed, and cant find qualified people). we picked up 4 and 2 are gone already, with 6 slots waiting on the money, that we have blown in Overtime.

Nothing easy about getting this job, any little glitch can catch you in the process. Just keep at it!...There is also WSP, marysville.

I will be sure to give a heads up to a couple of people in here when we post agian.

Cascade Dispatch is right in Mt Vernon, also, but I don't know if they are hiring...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Cascade Dispatch is right in Mt Vernon, also, but I don't know if they are hiring...

What about S-S PD? Or would he have to be able to send 60 smoke signals per minute?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about S-S PD? Or would he have to be able to send 60 smoke signals per minute?

Quiet You!

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm going to try to be there Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
WAC says they're out of tables.  This means I'm not going, but you guys that are there should have fun.

Split a table with the beef jerky guy.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I just realized what you were saying...

crowded Monroe...  

those going better wear your speedos:

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll be in LCR or is it PCR, eating cookies.  I can't say which kind, one lock is enough.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#31]
So is anyone going tomorrow or Sunday?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Either is good for me... give a call man! LOL
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I picked up $400 worth of ammo.

Which, when you're shooting 50 bmg, is 150 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Sunday
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Ramster! You're back! Saturday and Sunday. Stop in after the show if you like.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I did not for the first time in  a very very long time buy anything. I was looking for a Colt or Bushmaster M4 for a buddy but did not see one. I almost bought a crate of guatemalen from  
James but did not know at the time if 280.00 for 1440 was a good deal or not?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ramster! You're back! Saturday and Sunday. Stop in after the show if you like.

Yup, I"m back... didn't make the FS today, if I feel up to it tomorrow I will give ya a call and stop by, otherwise I will have to connect with you during the week.  Talk with ya soon!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Ramster, I am going to the fun show, I am leaving in a few minutes.
I was going to call you last night, but I fell alseep on the couch and just woke up.

If you go, we will be meeting up at The Buzz Inn in Monroe at 0900.

Talk at you later.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I did not for the first time in  a very very long time buy anything. I was looking for a Colt or Bushmaster M4 for a buddy but did not see one. I almost bought a crate of guatemalen from  
James but did not know at the time if 280.00 for 1440 was a good deal or not?

It's the industry standard price right now. Here's AIM's price ( does not include shipping which is an easy $40+ here to WA )

ammo

I bought 1500 loose rounds of the IMG ( Guatamalan 5.56 from him ) was a gnats ass cheaper w/ the advantage of being 100% positive was bright n shiny vs the occasional bad batch crud.

I snagged a case of SA .308 also and that summed up my purchases for the day.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought a small ammo {loose} can of the Guatamalan 5.56, ran it through the chronograph, normally velocity varies 20 fps or more but this stuff was 3075,   3075, 3075,  did not have time to print for average group size but as far as velocity goes it seems real good.

forgot that was out of a 16 inch Oly barrel 1 in 9 twist.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I also picked up a can of the Quatamalan, AND  Got a smoking deal on a 16" flattop upper receiver minus the B/BC/CH, then  of course another BP of the SA for the .308 I dont own yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top