Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 5:08:37 AM EDT
I'm fairly new to the area and havn't had the chance to check out Renton Fish and Game, closest range in my area. Can anyone give me some Pro's & Con's on this place? i've heard they only allow 1 round to be loaded into the rifle at a time, any truth to that? Allowed to place targets closer than the backstop? (25 yards, etc) as much info as possible would be appreciated.

Also, anyone know of any pits or cleared land available for plinking in the Black Diamond, Ravensdale area or anything within 50 miles? as i've said i'm fairly new  to the state and would like to find a place to call home!

please feel free to IM or E-mail me with any classified info!! thanks so much

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I live south of you so I don't have a lot of info on ranges in your area.  However, I can recommend RFGC for IDPA and IPSC, both groups there do a great job.  I've not shot on their other ranges but you can look for information on their site, www.rfgc.org.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.svrifle.com

Nice range no rules against rapid fire or hi cap mags. You have to join to shoot there but its cheap.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I was a member of RFGC...

It's a nice outdoor range...w/ good facilities for clay pigeons, pistols, and a rifle range out to about 250 yds.  

What's not so great is their 1 bullet in your rifle rule.  I was able to tolerate the rule for about a year.  I even got pretty proficient at loading 1 round at a time, however this was also the reason I didn't renew my membership.

Also, on the pistol range they have a no rapid fire rule...I was told to fire about 1 shot per second.  I didn't understand this rule, since the cowboy action shooters would fire a lot faster than that in the evenings.

I'd recommend them for shooting your handguns and rifles other than your black rifles.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
double tap
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
There's also Cascade Rifle & Pistol in Ravensdale and Black Diamond Gun Club in BD. BD is right across from Green Valley Rd on SR 169. Cascade is east of Four Corners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top