Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 7:19:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#1]
They make some nice stuff, but the Garands are an abomination.  Those fine rifles should never be subjected to such "bubbatization", even though they are innovative and the workmanship is fine, they are still an abomination.  

If they could have done them on the currently manufactured Springfield rifles instead of torturing fine old warhorses they'd be less likely to suffer purgatory in whatever afterlife they find themselves in.

Do you wonder why that rifle
Is hanging in my den?
You know I rarely take it down
But I touch it now and then.

It's rather slow and heavy
By standards of today
But not too many years ago
It swept the rest away.

It's held its own in battles
Through snow, or rain, or sun
And I had one just like it,
This treasured old M-1.

It went ashore at Bougainville
In Nineteen Forty-Three.
It stormed the beach at Tarawa
Through a bullet-riddled sea.

Saipan knew its strident bark,
Kwajelein, its sting.
The rocky caves of Peleliu
Resounded with its ring.

It climbed the hill on Iwo
With men who wouldn't stop
And left our nation's banner
Flying on the top.

It poked its nose in Pusan,
Screamed an angry roar
And took the First Division
From Chosin Reservoir.

Well, time moves on
And things improve
With rifles and with men,
And that is why the two of us
Are sitting in my den.

But sometimes on a winter night,
While thinking of my Corps,
I know that if the bugle blew
We'd be a team once more.

-Author Unknown

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!

Oh, sorry Phil...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I live a couple miles from them. I know some of the family and all I can say is........WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES! They do reasonable quality machine work. But, they are a clan of dildos as far as I'm concerned. Ask me how I REALLY feel sometime.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I live a couple miles from them. I know some of the family and all I can say is........WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES! They do reasonable quality machine work. But, they are a clan of dildos as far as I'm concerned. Ask me how I REALLY feel sometime.

Careful where you throw stones...a friend and co worker of mine use to work for Rich. May be alittle spendy....does good work though....bunch of assholes maybe.......clan of dildos=NO....I dont think so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm used to be very familiar with that clan. What Bobbity said is an understatement........

WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES!

This is how they treat you after the bid when you go to pick up your piece>>>
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Careful where you throw stones...a friend and co worker of mine use to work for Rich. May be alittle spendy....does good work though....bunch of assholes maybe.......clan of dildos=NO....I dont think so.

Well, we are all free to have opinions as well as express them. You may disagree with my take on the McCanns. That's fine. I don't have any problem with people doing business with them. Especially if customer service is not an issue in choosing someone with whom to do business. I have even owned one of their "Puffin" knives. Good stuff, that. But, to avoid feeling as though I was a rancid pile of steaming camelshit, I opted to buy it second hand. I wouldn't give them my money or my time, again, under any circumstance. I'm one of those sensitive types, who don't appreciate being just another turd, to someone I try to deal with. Having dealt with them several times, the old man, Rich and even his wife, (yes, some of us are slow learners) I choose to go elsewhere. You are the first person, REALLY, who has spoken positively about them, that I've ever heard. A good friend of mine writes for several national gun and knife oriented publications. He's dealt with them and reviewed some of their products. He was impressed with the quality of the work. But, privately, he has agreed wholeheartedly with my opinion of them. And that was when they were trying to impress him. In this day and age, there are so many options available to the consumer, there's no need to waste time with businesses who fail the warm&fuzzy test. Try asking around or dig up threads on Jonathan Arthur Ceiner or Ammoman.com. That should give you a good indication of how important customer relations can be to consumers. OdT, you may now have your thread back. Hijack over.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top