Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 8:38:07 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

I live in Kent (Covington), WA area and I think it is about time for me to get my CCW.

Could anyone let me know where exactly I go to apply for the permit and get fingerprinted and what days they do the fingerprinting?

Thanks for your help,

D
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
County sheriff office has always been fairly quick compared to city PD's
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
www.dol.wa.gov/ppu/firfaq.htm

Where do I apply for a CPL?

You must apply for the license at your local police department or sheriff's office.

My local law enforcement agency does not issue CPLs, who do I contact?

You need to contact your county sheriff's office.

Do I have to apply in the jurisdiction where I live, or can I apply anywhere in the State?

You must apply in the city or county of residence, or anywhere in the state if a non- resident of the state.

www.ci.kent.wa.us/police/faq.asp#Concealed-Weapon

Do I get a concealed pistol license (CPL) from Kent PD, or do I have to go to King County?

If you live within the city limits of Kent, you would apply for a CPL with Kent PD or the King County Sheriff's Office. If you do not live within the city limits of Kent, contact your local law enforcement agency. We fingerprint CPL applicants on Wednesdays by appointment only. At that appointment, the applicant will complete an application, sign forms, pay the $60.00 state fee, and be fingerprinted. We then complete a criminal history background check. If all returns come back clear of deniable offenses (felony or domestic violence convictions), you will receive your CPL in the mail within one month. Contact Kent PD Records at 253-856-5800 to schedule an appointment.

You can print and complete the CPL application in advance (23KB PDF). You also need to sign the Notice form included with the application. Remember to bring both of these forms to your CPL fingerprint appointment.

www.ci.covington.wa.us/departments/police.cfm
I see nothing about CPLs listed.

www.metrokc.gov/sheriff/services/gun_permits/

Concealed Pistol Licenses
Applying for a New License
You may apply for a Concealed Pistol License at:

King County Courthouse
516 Third Avenue
Room W-150
Seattle, Washington
(or at any King County Sheriff's Office precinct or substation)

Application hours are 8:30 am to 4 p.m. weekdays, excluding holidays. The initial application process takes around 30 minutes. If you are applying at a precinct or substation location, please call ahead for an appointment. Precinct phone numbers are listed on our contacts page.

When you apply the following is required:
• You must be 21 years of age or older.
• You must be a citizen of the United States or have an Alien Firearms License* issued by the State of Washington Department of Licensing in Olympia. Their phone number is (360) 664-6616.
• You must live in King County, or outside the State of Washington in the case of a non-resident concealed pistol license.
• You need to have picture ID (a Washington State Drivers License or ID card is preferred).
• There is a fee of $60.00.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<<snip>>

You can't provide a little more detail Phil?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<<snip>>

When I post from work I have to be discrete and quick.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<<snip>>

Why  are you stealing time from your employer?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<<snip>>

Why  are you stealing time from your employer?

No, it makes others jealous of efficiency.

There are operational pauses while equipment calibrates or resets. They are long enough to read or post quickly but not long enough to start a task elesewhere.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I have found the best way to go is to get your CPP issued by King County Sheriff, if you live in King County. Some of the city PD's and be "pissy" about it.

I know that SPD for instance will make you wait all 30 dyas for it. Then you have to go back to them in person to pick up the permit. KCS will mail the permit to you, in fact you get to address the envelope it comes in when you fill out the paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be swinging by one of the King County Sheriff offices for that very reason, tomorrow. Seeya there?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys,  I appreciate the help.

D
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:19:50 AM EDT
[#10]
My legal residence is in King County,
two weeks ago I renewed my CPL at the Pierce County courthouse.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah... I am finding out all about pissy cops who didn't get enough Krispy Kreme as patrolmen and are taking it out on my locality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top