Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 1:19:17 PM EDT
Curious, has anybody had any issue with FFL 01's and buying over the counter out of state?

[Pertaining solely to C&R Eligible pistols.]

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of issues? A 01 should be more than happy to take your type 03 and your money unless their some kind of idiot. I just got the latest (2005 dated) ATF Regulation Guide. There is nothing that prohibits this type of transfer on any C&R item.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The only issue Ive had is in state...some of the chains wont accept an 03 and require a NICS check.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The only issue Ive had is in state...some of the chains wont accept an 03 and require a NICS check.

Did they give you any reason for this?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had an oppertunity to give mine a go yet but I do plan on visiting our neighbors to the east this summer and thought I might take it with me just in case.

Is it like a mail order transaction where you give them a blue/black ink signed copy of a xerox?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Regarding my last post.

Anybody?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they give you any reason for this?

Corporate policy...on others words Zero Thought policy...I didnt even bother trying to explain why this was a poor policy to the sales-droid/manager. I took my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Regarding my last post.

Anybody?

You take copies and (I) sign them at the time of the transaction. Once theyve got a copy then youre all good to go for as many as you want until your FFL expires. On expiration (assuming you get another) send them an ink signed copy and the cycle repeats. Some time ago the ATF ruled that FAXed copies are OK now (vs hand signed). Im near in that much of a hurry and never bother to FAX. HTH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Regarding my last post.

Anybody?

You take copies and (I) sign them at the time of the transaction. Once theyve got a copy then youre all good to go for as many as you want until your FFL expires. On expiration (assuming you get another) send them an ink signed copy and the cycle repeats. Some time ago the ATF ruled that FAXed copies are OK now (vs hand signed). Im near in that much of a hurry and never bother to FAX. HTH

Great. Thanks a lot for the input.

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Have fun spending $$$ on some fun older guns. Are you thinking of any in particular or is this a 'one of each' affair?

ETA: Just to be competely clear....

You take copies and (I) sign them at the time of the transaction (w/ a particular FFL). Once theyve got a copy then youre all good to go for as many transactionas w/ that particular FFL as you want until your (or their) FFL expires. Usually (read almost ALL of the time) you'll exchange copies...you give yours and they'll give theres. Then you can keep your bound book up to date AND youll be able to ship guns directly to them (until their/you FFL expires). On expiration (assuming you get another) send them an ink signed copy and the cycle repeats. Some time ago the ATF ruled that FAXed copies are OK now (vs hand signed). Im near in that much of a hurry and never bother to FAX. HTH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Well it looks like the little woman and I are going to Priest Lake, ID.  I thought about stopping by the local gun shops while we're over there.  For me, whatever looks good at the time. I wouldn't mind a Manhurin stamped Walther.

And of course while I'm there I'll go ahead and try out some FA firearms seeing as how they are still legal.

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds fun!! BTW since you have an FFL03 you should really send it to the bigger surplus arms houses (AIM, SOG, etc). They sell loads of fun stuff and some a bit rare. Also send it to Brownells and you get the FFL discount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top