Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 12:26:20 PM EDT
Kinda wierd though, the guy at Bull's Eye wouldn't sell to me becasue I have not been a resident for 90 days. So I went to Federal Way Discount Guns just to check prices and the guy there said that law only applies to handguns not long guns and sold to me right then and there. Were any state/federal laws bent/broken?

http://x10.putfile.com/3/7114562376.jpg

http://x10.putfile.com/3/7114574865.jpg

Oh, and I'm currently on rule #3.  -z
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell from those pics

But she looks like a beauty .5cent, ya ready to take 'er to a shoot?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You've got that Betty Davis Filter on your camera, it's hard to see...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm soooo ready for the shoot.

Bushmaster XM15-E2S (M4-A2)

-z
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Think about it this way....

you can go out of state and buy long guns.

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
You can buy a long gun in any state from a dealer..

Congrats on a nice rifle. I was building one similiar... priorities changed real quick though
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Well it's too bad for Bulls Eye for not knowing the difference, could have had a sale.

Next purchase, new Camera.   -z  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
How does it feel to be in an almost free state?

Congrats!!!!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Congrats on a nice rifle. I was building one similiar... priorities changed real quick though

Just to clarify, I beleive that is any *contiguous* state, as long as there is not state law that forbids it, and/or if you are competing in a non-contiguous state and your rifle/shotgun needs to be replaced.

I don't feel like looking it up but that is what I think I remember.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to clarify, I beleive that is any *contiguous* state, as long as there is not state law that forbids it, and/or if you are competing in a non-contiguous state and your rifle/shotgun needs to be replaced.

So if you live in HI you can buy in AK? Sounds right I guess. Halfcent is a recent transplant from CA so that could've been part of the reason..
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually, if you have not taken up LEGAL residence in Washington State then you made an illegal purchase since residents of California can't own assault weapons.  

So what is it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice Bushy.  I like Felony Way Discount Guns.  They always have a nice rack full of ARs.  And Senor Taco is right next door so you pick up a 3 pound burrito on the way home too.  Guns and burritos.....it don't get much better than that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice Bushy.  I like Felony Way Discount Guns.  They always have a nice rack full of ARs.  And Senor Taco is right next door so you pick up a 3 pound burrito on the way home too.  Guns and burritos.....it don't get much better than that.

Just never ask them if they have any MAC-11s
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe he has stated in a previous thread that he did in fact take up legal residence.

Quoted:
Actually, if you have not taken up LEGAL residence in Washington State then you made an illegal purchase since residents of California can't own assault weapons.  

So what is it?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the state. Some require "contiguous-ness", bot not all.........I think
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There is nothing in current federal gun laws concerning contiguous states.

This was the paragraph under the amendments that I remembered reading:

Subsec. (b)(3)(A). Pub. L. 99–308, § 102(4)(B), inserted a new cl. (A) and struck out former cl. (A) which provided that par. (3) “shall not apply to the sale or delivery of a rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State contiguous to the State in which the licensee’s place of business is located if the purchaser’s State of residence permits such sale or delivery by law, the sale fully complies with the legal conditions of sale in both such contiguous States, and the purchaser and the licensee have, prior to the sale, or delivery for sale, of the rifle or shotgun, complied with all of the requirements of section 922 (c) applicable to intrastate transactions other than at the licensee’s business premises,”.

as amended:

(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the licensee’s place of business is located, except that this paragraph (A) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee’s place of business is located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this subparagraph, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actual knowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of both States), and (B) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I paid way too much for bought my toe smasher UZI from them.  They were nice enough I suppose, but I got a funny vibe off of the guys in there.  It seemed like they had a very "Holier Than Thou" attitude.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There is nothing in current federal gun laws concerning contiguous states.

Correct, however you also have to follow state laws. Ky has the contiguous law. Only people that can buy firearms in Ky are residents of Ky or people living in states contiguous to Ky. Only states Ky residents can buy in are Ky and states contiguous to Ky.

I'm using Ky as an example because I know their laws. I know other states have simlar laws, but don't know exactly which.

Now if a Ky resident came to washington to buy a long gun, I doubt anything could happen to a Wa FFL(as long as they never went to Ky). But the Ky resident can get in trouble when he goes back to Ky. I've never heard of that happening though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Senior Taco is the last place I would go looking for a MAC-11, so I would never ask them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Care to expand on the meaning of that epithet?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to expand on the meaning of that epithet?

I've been calling Federal Way "Felony Way" for years.  I used to live in an apartment there.  The apartment complex carried the nickname "Redondo Gun and Knife Club".  It's not a dig on the on the Discount Gun guys or the Senor Taco guys for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#23]
One other note as far as the contiguous-ness goes, the gentleman at Bulls Eye never asked as to what state I had been coming from, as if it was a blanket statement and did not matter which state it was.

So the conclusion could possibly be.......I am a legal resident becasue I have a physical address and a WA DL so I can purchase long guns, but have not yet been a legal resident for said 90 days, so cannot purchase a hand gun? Could it be that simple?

-z
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Since both photos are with the stock extended is it pinned?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Since both photos are with the stock extended is it pinned?

I'm sure he's just used to having rifles set up that way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Haha! Real funny....I suppose I had better get familiar with not getting away with anything around here. h
-z
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Haha! Real funny....I suppose I had better get familiar with not getting away with anything around here.

6 pos stock......pretty much standard right?

-z

Some people here have 87 position stocks....mine has 106
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Haha! Real funny....I suppose I had better get familiar with not getting away with anything around here.

6 pos stock......pretty much standard right?

-z

Some people here have 87 position stocks....mine has 106

Mine has over one hundred sixteen positions, I only use a few because I can't understand the instrucions.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#29]

You still have pages 12-65 of the TAPCO catalog to go.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top