Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:17:16 PM EDT
Once you get home with a new gun this has been my experience:

1.  Sit and look at your gun like it is your first born child.  A special kind of love.

2.  Take it apart, put it back together.  Take it apart, put it back together.  Take it apart, put it back together.  Rinse and repeat

3.  Aim at stuff around your house, people on TV, pictures on the wall, the cat.

4.  Hurt yourself with the new gun.  Usually while performing number 2.

5.  Load it, Unload it.  Load it, Unload it, Load it, Unload it.  Rinse and repeat

6.  If a handgun, spin it on your finger like you are Robocop or Doc Holiday.

7.  Scratch it, somewhere.  Cry

8.  Every new person that comes over to your house for the next month.  Show it to them.  "Didja see my new gun?"

9.  If a Rifle, Clear the house, sight in from your couch to something outside.

10.  Look it up on gunbroker or the EE and make sure that you got a good deal.. Read all the reviews about it, confirming that you did.

Or....am I alone on this?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything but number 10

1 through 4 rang especially true
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Everything but number 10

1 through 4 rang especially true

Yup! I keep the band-aids handy
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why do you have it in the bathroom with you?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't really want to know, do ya?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmmmm . . . no.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Once you get home with a new gun this has been my experience:

1.  Sit and look at your gun like it is your first born child.  A special kind of love.

2.  Take it apart, put it back together.  Take it apart, put it back together.  Take it apart, put it back together.  Rinse and repeat

3.  Aim at stuff around your house, people on TV, pictures on the wall, the cat.

5.  Load it, Unload it.  Load it, Unload it, Load it, Unload it.  Rinse and repeat

6.  If a handgun, spin it on your finger like you are Robocop or Doc Holiday.

7.  Scratch it, somewhere.  Cry

8.  Every new person that comes over to your house for the next month.  Show it to them.  "Didja see my new gun?"

10.  Look it up on gunbroker or the EE and make sure that you got a good deal.. Read all the reviews about it, confirming that you did.

Or....am I alone on this?

You diudn't follow me around after I got my FAL and 1911 did you? Cause this is exactly what I did
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You forgot Rule No. 11: Hide the new gun from your wife!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
"nuther one: Go back and get another gun, you can never, ever have too many guns!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmmmm . . . no.

just make sure you don't hit the slide catch and get anything caught in the ejection port
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You forgot Rule No. 11: Hide the new gun from your wife!

No sweat there, I'm divorced!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:45:39 AM EDT
[#11]
11.)  Take multiple pictures of it from all angles under different lighting.

I slept with my first HK 91 clone first night I got it.  I walked into the bathroom, kitchen, and living room with it.  I installed a LASER beam on it and dry fired at milk jugs from across the house.  

My first pistol, an HK USP was just as fun; although I decided it wasn't the right sidearm for me. I ended up selling it to a cop up in Everson. Had tru-dot and a hogue grip....

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:52:04 AM EDT
[#12]

(11)   have a beautiful Photograph, taken by your Hippy, all framed, and ready to go, ahead of time,  for quick deployment, if you punch a hole in her freshly painted wall while practice clearing the room.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still in the middle of number 8 and I have to start all over with annother one!

This is a tough hobby
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I use the top of the chimney on my neighbor's house.  I can see it perfectly from my chair.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
It's good to know that I'm not the only one that does these things. I will add: purchase 20 spare magazines and every accessory you can afford.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
What about breaking it in?  I *know* I did that list by instinct on my XD... then I went out, put 100rounds through it and brought it home only to clean it and baby it for about an hour...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#17]
sunday I put over 300 rds into my new para, it did not eaven burp, after feeding it all my .45 left overs that was mixed up begging for a F.T.F.
so now its on the "carry" list
I'm very happy
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I've never hurt myself (yet), and I don't have a cat. #10 depends on if it was an impulse buy or not.  If it wasn't, that means I did my obsessive price and review searches ahead of time.  If it was an impulse, like 2 of the last 3 were, then the price comparisons, and lots of looking up reviews to make sure I bought a good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top