Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:16:39 PM EDT
I have one of the preban carbines with the welded open stock but would like to "unban" it so it will actually slide.  I talked with the folks at valkyrie arms and they quoted me $250 to unweld the stock.  Has anyone done this themselves, or know a smith in washington state that would be able to take care of it?  I'm wondering if it's just as simple as removing the welds or if there is somthing else involved.

Thanks all,
NeedAclip
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have one of the preban carbines with the welded open stock but would like to "unban" it so it will actually slide.  I talked with the folks at valkyrie arms and they quoted me $250 to unweld the stock.  Has anyone done this themselves, or know a smith in washington state that would be able to take care of it?  I'm wondering if it's just as simple as removing the welds or if there is somthing else involved.

Thanks all,
NeedAclip

I got the same answer (+Parts) when I asked about buying the necesarry peices in order to go to a carbine configuration from pistol (add a 16" Bbl assy & A wire stock, +$250.)

I'm thinking I can do this for the Parts (@$200 -/+)
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are saying you can do it for $200, or let Val do it for $250, I think its a no-brainer.

$50 bucks can buy you a lot of piece of mind to getting it done right with no f-ups. And Im sure an F-up will cost you more than $50 to correct.

jmo

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I could see $250 if I needed a bunch of parts, put I already have a carbine with a 16 inch barrel.  I just need the stock un-welded.  Maybe it's a lot tougher to do the conversion than we think.  That's why I would like to find someone that could post some pics of their GG with a sliding stock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
CavVet, you're right, $50 does buy you some peice of mind, as far unwelding a fixed stock, but- what I'm after is add a carbine Bbl and the removeable stock, since in WA I can't have the pistol Bbl mounted with the stock on it, But on the originals, IIRC, the stock was removeable.....I'm not 100%, but on mine the plate looks like it's set up to receive the wire stock, w/o mods....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top