Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:24:30 AM EDT
IM's & phone messages and nobody is talking to me. I want attention!

My surgery was postponed and the phone number they gave me is voicemail. Nobody is returning my calls.

I tried to mooch money from bigscrun....no answer.

R-32 is ignoring me, tumbleweed is ignoring me....

Well, at least my Mom would talk to me.

Ummmmm, hey EREX, old buddy!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
IM's & phone messages and nobody is talking to me. I want attention!

My surgery was postponed and the phone number they gave me is voicemail. Nobody is returning my calls.

I tried to mooch money from bigscrun....no answer.

R-32 is ignoring me, tumbleweed is ignoring me....

Well, at least my Mom would talk to me.

Ummmmm, hey EREX, old buddy!

asshole
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

asshole

GIBBY!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Brother,

I know how you feel, I am one of three candidates left in the barracks right now.  I have a few friends on post that owed me, so I have plenty of booze and cigars.  My room even has a decent internet lash-up.  My flight leaves tomorrow and all I have to do between now and 0400 tomorrow is drink, smoke (authentic) Cohibas, and post a bunch of nonsense on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Brother,

I know how you feel, I am one of three candidates left in the barracks right now.  I have a few friends on post that owed me, so I have plenty of booze and cigars.  My room even has a decent internet lash-up.  My flight leaves tomorrow and all I have to do between now and 0400 tomorrow is drink, smoke (authentic) Cohibas, and post a bunch of nonsense on ARFCOM.

I will need one of those Cohibas to verify your story.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brother,

+2
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
if you want attention...

Bunny, The next position which I will name, explain, have demonstrated, and which you will conduct practical work on, is the position of attention.
This position is the key position for all stationary, facing and marching movements.

The commands for this position are FALL IN and ATTENTION.

FALL IN is a combined command.  ATTENTION is a two-part command when preceded by a preparatory command, such as SQUAD, PLATOON, DEMONSTRATOR or BUNNY.  I will use BUNNY as the preparatory command and ATTENTION as the command of execution.

When given, these commands are as follows: FALL IN or BUNNY, ATTENTION.

BUNNY, POST (that means that you move to the front of the formation to act as a demonstrator).

On the command FALL IN or on the command of execution ATTENTION of BUNNY, ATTENTION
bring the heels together sharply on line, with the toes pointing out equally, forming an angle of 45-degrees.  Rest the weight of the body evenly on the heels and balls of both feet.  Keep the legs straight without locking the knees.  Hold the body erect with the hips level, chest lifted and arched and the shoulders square.

Keep the head erect and the face straight to the front with the chin drawn in so that the alignment of the head and neck is vertical.

Let the arms hang without stiffness.  Curl the fingers so that the tips of the thumbs are alongside and touching the first joint of the forefingers.  Keep the thumbs straight along the seam of the trouser leg with the first joint of the fingers touching the trousers.

Remain silent and do not move unless otherwise directed.

Note, this position is assumed by enlisted soldiers when addressing officers, or when officers are addressing officers of superior rank.  Or by Da_Bunny when he's bored.

you asked for attention... I gave you attention.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brother,

No dice, I'll furnish a stub with the ring...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Da_Bunny I sent you an IM and never heard back from you
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
if you want attention...

Bunny, The next position which I will name, explain, have demonstrated, and which you will conduct practical work on, is the position of attention.
This position is the key position for all stationary, facing and marching movements.

The commands for this position are FALL IN and ATTENTION......

Damn, you are causing me to have flashbacks...

Drill Sgt, Mahony could do that shit word for word without so much as a que card while we all did FrontbackGO! in the snow....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ummmmm....that's right, you did...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmmm....that's right, you did...

You mixxing your meds with something other than a Latte today?..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
No mention of me or CavVet?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Do I owe you money?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was gonna mention "He who dials Anonymously"......
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I owe you money?

I'll buy you breakfast if you'll be my friend....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#17]
You always have me bunnyman
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

asshole

GIBBY!!!!

Let me tell you about my best friend!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Awwwwww, I feel better.

Quoted:
I'll buy you breakfast if you'll be my friend....

Hmmmmmmm...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why, is Kooter still stuck in them thar hills?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
He's at work....again....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Gibby just dropped by. That's enough visiting, LEAVE ME ALONE!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Like I said.

Asshole!!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Hmph...not even so much as a call  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
if you want attention...

When he asked for the position of attention, he meant that as the starting position. Now can you please direct him to MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS STARTING POSITION..................................MOVE

I'LL COUNT THE CADENCE, YOU COUNT THE REPITITIONS........................

IN CADENCE...........................

I heard they pretty much did away with these gems. 25 years too late to save me.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if you want attention...

When he asked for the position of attention, he meant that as the starting position. Now can you please direct him to MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS STARTING POSITION..................................MOVE

www.healthytravelnetwork.com/assets/images/mountain-climbers-finish.jpg

I heard they pretty much did away with these gems. 25 years too late to save me.

The Navy & Marine Corps carries that tradition on, along with 8-count body builders, flutter kicks and monkey fuckers.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I did a few of those every morning at Sill... That was a little over 10 years ago..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When he asked for the position of attention, he meant that as the starting position. Now can you please direct him to MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS STARTING POSITION..................................

Yes, they did, and just looking at that picture made my knees hurt.  I'm going to have to go wash down a few ibuprofen with scotch.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
if you want attention...

www.healthytravelnetwork.com/assets/images/mountain-climbers-finish.jpg

The Navy & Marine Corps carries that tradition on, along with 8-count body builders, flutter kicks and monkey fuckers.  

We still did mountain climbers in Basic in '92.
As far as I know flutter kicks are still ok, but the hello Dollies have been stopped for over a decade as those were causing back problems.

And of course the stress positions are still good to go.  The "chair" apartial squat, arms out straight holding up the FLC, kevlar, maybe a SINCGARS. Or "the Heisman." Assume a position like a football trophy, kevlar (or big rock) under the arm.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

We still did mountain climbers in Basic in '92.
As far as I know flutter kicks are still ok, but the hello Dollies have been stopped for over a decade as those were causing back problems.

Hello Dollie's were another of my fond memories...

I bet the real reason they stopped them is because of the fools eyeballing the female Soldiers during PT.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Heck, Monkey Fuckers, Mountain Climbers, and Iron Mikes were part of this morning's PT for me!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Heck, Monkey Fuckers, Mountain Climbers, and Iron Mikes were part of this morning's PT for me!

It's because you ride around in RVs all day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#33]
The Mountain Climber is still alive and well.  It's even managed to stay on as a part of the new SPT program for integrating new recruits.  The   As for the Monkey Fucker... can't seem to find it in my 21-20, I could have sworn I saw it next to the Little Man in the Woods though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top