Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 4:43:18 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with my FIL and he told me he has prostrate cancer and that it's "pretty bad" as the Doctor said.

He doesn't want me to tell my wife as he wants to. Karol is really close to him and I know she's going to take things hard. If ya pray give a shout out for her dad "Jerry" to the spirit of the universe or what have you. He's a good guy and he's been a great father not only to her but to me also.

My wife Karol could sure use it too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Lemme know if ya need anything Don
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Sorry to hear that
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Don, get aggressive!

When I was blessed to beat my cancer last year, there were a lot of older guys in the radiation with me who had all stages of prostate cancer.

Get him to a good oncologist and see what his options are.

Good luck man.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don, get aggressive!

Good luck man.

+1!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Guys. I am hoping for the best for him, I know he's a pretty tough ol guy so I think that will help. Funny how all my bitching becomes small and insignificant when this type of news hits.

I hope his Doc is a good one. I know with this illness it can make all the difference.

I don't think I can not tell my wife. He means the world to her and I can't keep this kind of thing from her for long. She'll take one look at me and know something is up. Ugh.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear this, best wishes for your family.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
You and your family are all in my prayers, let us know if there is anything we can do.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear about your FIL. Prayers and good thoughts sent. The Fred Hutchison (? sp) cancer research folks have a good reputation as does the UW medical facility. Check out options. The cure rate for these types of cancer is way up from what it used to be. My dad is recovering. He's 68yo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:16:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear bosifus.

I have Lorraine Day's, MD video's & work book if you would like to barrow them. Let me know. There is some interesting & good info in there, I have changed some of my diet because of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top