Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 12:22:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
guess  i should've taped the butcher when he came out to my place, PETA would have loved seeing us walk up two hogs that we raised, guy put a bullet in each of there heads,  'hooked' em on a chain hoist and eviserated them right there, gut pile was steaming in the chilled morning air.
then  he gave us there hang weight and told us he would  call in a few weeks to pick em up.
mmmmmmmmmmm........pork.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
guess  i should've taped the butcher when he came out to my place, PETA would have loved seeing us walk up two hogs that we raised, guy put a bullet in each of there heads,  'hooked' em on a chain hoist and eviserated them right there, gut pile was steaming in the chilled morning air.
then  he gave us there hang weight and told us he would  call in a few weeks to pick em up.
mmmmmmmmmmm........pork.

If you watched the video, you'll see that the pigs were not shot and put down like your pigs to be butchered were.

They were shot in areas other then the head (shoulder for example), and in the case of the non LeMas/BMT rounds left on long enough tethers that they could run around, in the case of the LeMas/BMT rounds the pigs  on three shots were held by control rods leashed to their upper snouts and a tether on their hind legs so they couldn't do much more than squirm, on another they were trussed up for and aft and it didn't even look like it's body would be on the ground after dying.

LeMas/BMT makes a HUGE deal about the performance of their rounds, but only in live flesh, for an unexplained (magical?) reason they claim that the rounds performace (lack there of) in ballistic gelatin isn't indicative of what the round actually does in live flesh so they make these ugly videos to try and back up the claims they make for their ammuntion.

Read the thread I linked to, search for posts by BMT, and you'll have lot's of reading to keep you busy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

LeMas/BMT makes a HUGE deal about the performance of their rounds, but only in live flesh, for an unexplained (magical?) reason they claim that the rounds performace (lack there of) in ballistic gelatin isn't indicative of what the round actually does in live flesh so they make these ugly videos to try and back up the claims they make for their ammuntion.

I will say there is no such thing as a magic bullet, but if they have to shoot at some pigs in the quest to find it, Im OK with that, better than some people.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will say there is no such thing as a magic bullet, but if they have to shoot at some pigs in the quest to find it, Im OK with that, better than some people.

There have been protocols established for live animal testing and from my understanding of them, what the video clip shows sure isn't it.

These were not anesthesized pigs, it's inhumane to shoot a non anesthesized animal in it's hindquarters and let it suffer while it dies in the name of testing a bullet.

Ballistic gelatin works for every other round in the world, but not for these magic ones, so be it then at least follow the damn live animal testing protocols.

The USDA, found that LeMas had violated the federal Animal Welfare Act in the following ways:

· Conducting research on pigs without being a registered research facility
· Failing to appoint an institutional animal care and use committee (IACUC) prior to conducting research on pigs
· Conducting research on pigs without proper training and without using properly trained staff or having an attending veterinarian
· Physically abusing pigs, and causing trauma and behavioral stress to pigs
· Failing to comply with regulations for the humane handling, care, and treatment of animals
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally I would like to see some bullet testing perfomed on some PETA supporters. That way we could see if the bullets really work or not. That way they're not wasting a pig by screwing up the meat with bullet fragments. pork, the other white meat!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I gotta wonder if "live animal testing protocal" applies to Goat School...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I gotta wonder if "live animal testing protocal" applies to Goat School...

I was not going to bring up goat lab, but I will say that those goats are treated very well under the care of the new medic's Phil is talking about testing Ammo, the Military is testing Future SF medics.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
......Hmmmm Kimosabe, don't listen to goat..........him speak with forked tounge!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Extreme Shock?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I just watched the film. not sure what they were trying to prove by it, didn't seem science based at all, looks like there is a case of cruelty charges to be filed, but in the link with the video there was some possible source for answers:  

(from stopanimalcruelty.com)
"
It could have been a slasher film, complete with graphic slow-motion scenes and prominent background music, but it’s a professionally produced promotional video by Gibby Media Group of Spokane, Washington, for LeMas (Law Enforcement Military Ammunition Sales) Ltd. of Little Rock, Arkansas, the manufacturer and distributor of the bullets. "

GIBBY!!!   what do you have to say for yourself
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

GIBBY!!!   what do you have to say for yourself

[Gibby] Ummm.... I like pork![/Gibby]

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#13]
My understanding is that the goats are medicated in goat school, which makes sense. It would be silly not to - you aren't judging medics on their animal husbandry, but their ability to manage trauma.

This is just gross. Shame on them.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#14]
This is being discussed on 710 KIRO right now.

The PETA person just finished.

ETA- that was a useless segment of talk radio.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top