Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:20:14 PM EDT
an endorsement for the CPL on your drivers license instead of issuing a seperate card to carry around? Seems it would be easier, not to mention one less thing I'd have to carry around. Good idea, bad idea??
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
an endorsement for the CPL on your drivers license instead of issuing a seperate card to carry around? Seems it would be easier, not to mention one less thing I'd have to carry around. Good idea, bad idea??

If I'm in another state, say, CA, and it says right on my DL that I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in WA, two good sized states away, that traffic stop for speeding could easily turn into a long and messy vehicle search for no other reason than a cop's fishing expedition to try to find an illegal gun and look better on their eval.  Until there is a nationwide CPL (which I doubt will ever happen), I want the seperate piece of paper, it might save me some trouble when I've done nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They get it  when they run you by name, when they run your drivers lic. all they really get is your drivers status.(are you clear for warrants, are your driving priv's suspended to any degree, do you have any special situations like glasses, or your financial obligations) , really the card is not hooked to your drivers lic, but to your personal information and is a formality. (gotta justify the $35.00)

I think a better idea would be to just go Vermont style carry.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Vermont style would be good. Add to that an indicator on the license to identify a prohibited person/felon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It does seem stupid relating to the CDL. I had an Ohio Class A CDL and it was on my normal drivers license...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It does seem stupid relating to the CDL. I had an Ohio Class A CDL and it was on my normal drivers license...

We're talking about a letter on the other side of the keyboard, pardner!

Todays topic has been brought to you by the leter "P"!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We're talking about a letter on the other side of the keyboard, pardner!

Todays topic has been brought to you by the leter "P"!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure I would like that.  I have to show my license to a lot of people...  Buying booze, smokes, getting into clubs, ETC.  Personally I really don't like to advertise the fact that I have a concealed permit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
And then there are those of us without a WA State driver's license ... (who have also not gotten our behinds to the courthouse to get our CPL, which is beside the point)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

awww....poor baby has to cary another card in his wallet....

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#11]
And simply, what if you don't have a DL?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Then you are a communist.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Then it could go on your state issued ID card
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoot's gonna be pissed that you called him that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoot's gonna be pissed that you called him that.

Hoot doesnt need no stinkng license, he uses boots and bicycles to get around.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Just like in China...

Or more like VietNam?...

Afghanastan Militia going past a T-55.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like in China?...

www.mpt.org/support/traveljournal/china/images/c1bike.jpg

Or more like VietNam?...

cycling-vietnam.com/38-xetho.jpg

Afghanastan Militia going past a T-55.

www.aeronautics.ru/img/img005/afghan_001.jpg

Yes but Hoot is well armed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yes but Hoot is well armed.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#20]
ISTR Joe Waldron saying on Mike Brown's WA-CCW list that it had been considered, and opposed on privacy grounds.
While it would be easy enough to use a "color coded" backdrop for the photo so out-of-state authorities wouldn't necessarily twig, everyone in WA would know you had at least gone through the process to carry legally, whether you even owned a gun, let alone were actually armed at the moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top