Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 2:57:43 PM EDT
Were heading over to State B for the rest of the week and weekend and I can only take so much mall time.  Are there any good gun stores with black rifles and just generally fun places to go?  I hit Spokane at least once a month so I know the Sportsmans Surplus, General Store has some stuff but I'm looking for a spot a guy can go look and find stuff he just has to have.  When were in town for the fricken week I need someway to keep my sanity.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
look for NW collector arms and pawn out on pines rd. Or check out sharp shooting indoor range and gunshop, they sometimes have very very good deals on consinement guns.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Were heading over to State B for the rest of the week and weekend and I can only take so much mall time.  Are there any good gun stores with black rifles and just generally fun places to go?  I hit Spokane at least once a month so I know the Sportsmans Surplus, General Store has some stuff but I'm looking for a spot a guy can go look and find stuff he just has to have.  When were in town for the fricken week I need someway to keep my sanity.
Thanks,
Mike

OK-
Forget the General Store, Dave's Gun or Brock's- Overpriced, staffed with asshats for counterpeople.

IIRC Sportsman's Surplus, just South of the Gen Store has been out of business for about 3 years-

here's an updated list-
#1 MUST go to destination in Spokane is Northwest Collector Arms. It's actually in the Valley on Pines road, off of I-90 6-8 blocks due South, Keith and his Dad, Bill, own the place and are both "Good Dudes" Closed Sun-Mon.

#1a is the Gunatorium on S Argonne, it's a shadow of it's former glory, but occasional deals are to be had there.

#1b All American Arms on Sprague Ave. Get off at the Sprague exit from I-90 East, left at the next two lights, straight through the next two, it's on the right, about 100 yards past Costco.
I've never bought anything there, but he's got a fair selection.

#2 Sportsman's Wharehouse, located outside the Valley Mall, at the Evergreen exit. Lots o stuff, a touch more pricey than the White Elephant, but the counter folks are good to go.

#2a The Whoite Elephant has two location, one on Division, just south of the Gen Store, the other East on Sprague from Pines road. Both are kinda creepy, some stuff is absurdly priced, but there are deals more often than not.

#3 Pawn Shops. Double Eagle on Sprague, Axel Raven on Division, Pawn 1's all over- Some real good deals pop up every now and again.

#4 In Post Falls there's the (Someone help me out here with the name & Address) Indoor range & custom shop. The guy in the "pro" shop has had nice things said about him, he's part owner, and a three-gun champ.

#5 There's supposedly a new gunshop in the CD'A/Post Falls area-Specializing in EBR's & ComBloc stuff. If you find it, let me know.

#6 The CD'A Gun Club, has an indoor range for .22's, covered outdoor for any other caliber under .50 (IIRC), and target berms are 7, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200.

#7 The Fernan range-(someone else chime in here with more details)

#8 Orvis in CD'A off of HWY 95 North, about 3-4 miles on the Lefthand side, IIRC, Kathleen is the cross street.

#9 Don't know if CASE Knives has a factory store, bu they moved part of their operation to Post Falls as well.

#10 Matt45's IM works. He Drinks Beer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow Matt, I live here and I didn't know about all of those. I'll have to save your list for future fun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow thats good info, I'm printing that out and going for a FUN outing.  Anyplace you would reccomend first?  How about any places to get xm193 or q3131?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe, just maybe.....and I only say this since I have NOT personally been in there in a long time,(3 years) BUT!
The White Elephant was my #1 source for Q3131A annnnnnnnnnnd Q3131.

Let us know, eh?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow Matt, I live here and I didn't know about all of those. I'll have to save your list for future fun.

Yeah.............It's kinda like a perverted version of the Dave Letterman Top 10
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Buck Knives has their Factory and Outlet store in Post Falls, ID not Case.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it worth the trip?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.............It's kinda like a perverted version of the Dave Letterman Top 10

LOL, I like your list better.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Matt45
#5 There's supposedly a new gunshop in the CD'A/Post Falls area-Specializing in EBR's & ComBloc stuff. If you find it, let me know.

Sportsmans Surplus Great store before it was run into the ground by morons. It's been atleast 7 years that it has been closed, maybe even since 1996-7 ??? One of the former counter guys works at the Double Eagle Pawn on Sprague and of course there is 9.5 finger Terry who worked there also

The other mystery combloc ebr place is probably that new store on Seltice way kinda near the former Looney Survival store that used to be around there down past ( E of ) the Guard Armory between Post Falls and Coeur d' alene. Havn't had a chance to check it out yet , could maybe be those Tiffany garage AK builders too ....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#11]
the new store is called Idaho armarments. They are stand up people. Karl their gun smith is great and friendly. They customize rifles and build aks

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Matt,
Well I hit White Elephant your right I have not been there for at least 10 years and it has gone well 10 more years of neglect,  Went to Northwest Collector Arms, nice place EXSPENSIVE 10.99 for well used 30 AR mags.  Sportsman Wharehouse had Q3131 thinking of going back tomorrow and getting the last 500 rounds, then again XM193 is still there for less.  4.59 a box seems high? Gonna hit American Arms tomorrow than head home.  Thanks for the list I'm going to hit Idaho this spring good destination for a road trip.
Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top