Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 7:31:14 PM EDT

And I know there's pictures....

Including:

Douglas Corrigan became a legendary aviator, not because of his accomplishments as a pilot but rather because of a supposed navigational error. In 1938, Corrigan "mistakenly" flew from New York to Ireland--when he was supposed to be flying from New York to California--because he seemingly misread his compass. For Americans, who were caught in the midst of the Great Depression, Corrigan's antic provided a great deal of humor and uplift and he became a national folk hero. To this day, Corrigan's nickname, "'Wrong Way' Corrigan," remains a stock colloquial phrase in popular culture. People use it to describe anyone who blunders and goes the wrong way, particularly in sporting events.

October 25, 1964, Minnesota Vikings vs. San Francisco 49ers
Vikings defensive end Jim Marshall picks up a fumble but accidentally runs 62 yards the wrong way, scoring a safety for the 49ers before he realizes his mistake. Fortunately for Marshall, the Vikings prevailed, 27-22.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Fortunately for Marshall, the Vikings prevailed, 27-22.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.armsmounts.com/viewimg.php?item_id=20&image=picture

armsmount.bizatomic.net/images/img964319.jpg

Ok, you lost me on that one.  Must be some GF reference where someone had their SIUB mounted backwards?  My buddy did that, he kept wondering why the knob markings were wrong....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, get PCR to tell ya about the hammer / trigger spring.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top