Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:12:01 PM EDT
I'd heard some time back that there is - can anyone confirm?  If so, where can I find out info about location, hours, fees, rules, etc?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Range 15.  Here's a PDF with info: www.fortlewismwr.com/shooting%20range%20info.pdf
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Range 15.  Here's a PDF with info: www.fortlewismwr.com/shooting%20range%20info.pdf

If I get on base, do you think someone will give me a 40mm HEDP to shoot off in my M203?  Hey, just thought I'd ask....

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, Range 15 is outside the controlled-access area of post, so you shouldn't have any problem getting there anyway ... but it's also a slow-aimed-fire only range, and your bore must be less than 0.50" in diameter (except for the shotgun range).
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, Range 15 is outside the controlled-access area of post, so you shouldn't have any problem getting there anyway ... but it's also a slow-aimed-fire only range, and your bore must be less than 0.50" in diameter (except for the shotgun range).

So the answer is "no" in other words.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
We (WA ANG) shot M203s at Range 81 a few years ago.  I don't know if that's in the controlled area, but I think the MPs & Range Control would have a problem with you showing up willy-nilly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, very very few of the ranges are inside the controlled access areas.  Range Control does patrol the range roads, though, and they like to stop by while people are using the ranges.  I imagine it's bad if you get caught using a range without permission ...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Awesome - thanks, voilsb
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome - thanks, voilsb

No problem.  From looking into in the past, though, .50 cal is not welcome there (they say it has to be *less than* a .50 cal), and they want slow, aimed fire ... if they even think you're doing rapid fire, they like to warn you / pull you off the range.  I think you still need to have a DoD sponsor, if you don't have an ID card yourself, too.

The PDF has all the other info, I think
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top