Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 7:49:20 PM EDT
Anyone have a heads-up on the weather report for tomorrow's breakfast/shoot?

If it is going to be anything like FRIDAY AM, we'll need to leave early and be extra FUCKING careful when driving.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It snowed for a bit out here in Monroe today but cleared to a nice sunny day. Roads are fine and the snow disappeared after 20 minutes or so.  You may want to call a local and find out how it is up there near the Girl Friend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
weather

Thanks for the link!
I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Much rather know we can make it than spend a few hours in a ditch and a tow truck...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
weather

Thanks for the link!
I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Much rather know we can make it than spend a few hours in a ditch and a tow truck...

I'm sure that you'll (we'll) do better then the person who was behind me this morning following too closely and honking at me in a manner which I understood to mean "go faster! It's not slippery!" as I drove on E Green Lake Way N, then as they turned onto a side street immediately bounced off the curb three times that I saw before they were out of view.   "Ooops I guess it was slippery" I imagine them saying to themself.

No this isn't really it.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I had reason to ask.
The drive to North Seattle from South Everett was uneventful for me, despite what KOMO 1000 was reporting --- until I parked in the Base lot.  My first step out of the car was a 'slide'.

As I pulled out of the Base, the Coordinator announced on the radio that he had reports of 92 accidents!  and for the Operators not to call unless we were involved in a 'Bus' accident...
I made it to Kenmore P&R and didn't have any trouble until pulling off of Lake City Way to Ravenna.
The back end of the 60' coach started to slide into the oncoming lane when applying the throttle.  My passengers were thrilled.
We'd already been slowly moving from 110th, southbound, for 45 minutes.  There was a Bus pulled into the cutoff after being sideswiped by another vehicle and that's where the slowdown started.
Oncoming traffic was sliding all over the place and the southbound Express Lanes were closed - causing the major backup.
The early hours were the worst.  After about 10AM, everything was just 'wet' instead of frozen.

I'm going to get up and check that weather link, and then venture out for Mini Pancakes!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
girlfriend? you not tellin me something- lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
girlfriend? you not tellin me something- lol

Depends...

WHo are you?.

Anyway, just before I left work tonight lots of reports of ice, and some on and off snow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Anyway, just before I left work tonight lots of reports of ice, and some on and off snow.

Ice is bad and the road that shall go unnamed that leads right to the GF, doesn't get much sun on it at all.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]
It's cold.
I'm staying home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top