..consult your local listings...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

"It Could Happen Tomorrow"

Bring it......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm Westside would disappear, make living in eastside easier.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Tacoma is safe, because of relatively high ground. However, the influx of fleeing people into this region would suck! Keep a EBR around...

The volcanic mudslides would bury Puyallup Pompei style, and kill of our shipping industries for a long time. That means no easy access to the world market for eastside agricultural products, har har.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tacoma is safe, because of relatively high ground. However, the influx of fleeing people into this region would suck! Keep a EBR around...

The volcanic mudslides would bury Puyallup Pompei style, and kill of our shipping industries for a long time. That means no easy access to the world market for eastside agricultural products, har har.

I always thought Tacoma a part of the flow to the water.....

Quick Google

When it does, a wall of mud and debris the consistency of wet concrete will come flooding down five river valleys that radiate from the mountain. The towns of Orting, Sumner, Ashford, Elbe, Packwood, Randle, Greenwater and parts of Puyallup will be in its path.

Parts of Tacoma, Buckley, Enumclaw, and to a lesser extent, South Prairie, Carbonado and Wilkeson, could also be hit by the flow.

In all, 30,000 Puyallup River Valley residents could be in direct danger from a volcanic eruption, along with 100,000 people living in the

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in Buckley so when Rainier goes up I may have just enough time to say a short prayer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling."

I'll deal with it when it happens.  It could be tomorrow, or it could be 50 years from now and just make my coffin 12 feet under instead of 6 and I won't care.  I don't live in crisis mode.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'll deal with it when it happens.  It could be tomorrow, or it could be 50 years from now and just make my coffin 12 feet under instead of 6 and I won't care.  I don't live in crisis mode.

And as noble as you sound, maybe with a little Pre planning you may be able to live a little longer in that non crisis mode.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Tomorrow??  I better not go to work.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The really important thing here is that we wouldn't have to drive as far to find good shooting areas.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I remember residents around Mt. St. Helens saying that back in 79.
Mr. Truman.....you there?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#11]
When the talking heads were doing the volcano dance a couple of years ago they had a special on one of the local stations about Rainier erupting. They had some old real estate salesman on who was going on about how his father had sold real estate area for all his life and now he'd done the same thing and there hadn't been an eruption in all that time and what a load of crap this is...blah, blah, blah. My wife about pee'd herself laughing. If ever there was someone who doesn't understand geological process and the timescales involved it was this guy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He will always be there.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmm Westside would disappear, make living in eastside easier.

Not true.  There would be 327,563 survivers that would move over there and make it home.  Still looking forward to it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#14]
We have plans to remove all bridges and access ways to our side, thereby trapping all the NewOrleans,ahha I mean coastie scum on the westside of the mountains. In advent of this scenario please move North or South.(This has been a service announcement of the Eastern Washington EMS). If by change you do make it over bring CASH, we dont take no plastic here, boy! Or be prepared to sell your women folk.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Perhaps we could make a giant sign that says *MOVE HERE!!!* (pointing to the Rainier valley area) for all the new californians moving up here?

Besides, I always wanted to have a bunch of life size pompei statues in my yard
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I set a vault down in Sumner years ago and we hit the remains from the last eruption and let me tell you there were some trees in there that were enormous. We took it hard on that job as it turned into a effort in futility trying to cut through them with chop saws and pull them out with the excavator.

An eye opening experience to say the least about the destructive power of that mountain. I personally would never live in any of the valleys around it. I read that the white river side takes the brunt of the mud flows when it has erupted in the past. Eatonville would supposedly be an island and completely cut off from the outside. Makes for good TV that's for sure!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We have plans to remove all bridges and access ways to our side, thereby trapping all the NewOrleans,ahha I mean coastie scum on the westside of the mountains. In advent of this scenario please move North or South.(This has been a service announcement of the Eastern Washington EMS). If by change you do make it over bring CASH, we dont take no plastic here, boy! Or be prepared to sell your women folk.

I'll make sure to pass through CWU just for you. Which do you prefer the ones bigger than you, or the feminazis with more body hair than you?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He will always be there.

seattlepi.nwsource.com/mountsthelens/images/400harrytruman.jpg

A sad day, but at least we are rid of all those cats.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#19]
They been saying that about Mt Hood(which I have a clear view of from my bedroom). Every time it tremors everyone shits their pants.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
If it erupts it just means I will be working more overtime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top