Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 4:21:52 PM EDT
I just went in there and asked a few questions about AKs and they looked at me like I was from mars.  Customer service seems to have taken second seat to marking up their prices.  Does anyone shop there?

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Larry's Guns in Lacey (Exit 109) usually has at least a half dozen or so visible on the wall.  That is along with all of the other pistol-gripped, semi-auto, it looks like it should be banned he
His prices seem competitive and I'm confident he would be happy to sell you a gun.

HTH

Trey
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just went in there and asked a few questions about AKs and they looked at me like I was from mars.  Customer service seems to have taken second seat to marking up their prices.  Does anyone shop there?

-BJohnson

I haven't been there for a while but they used to have some decent rifles in there.  Service was always decent too but the prices were a tad high.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I shop there occasionally and try to throw them a bone on items when possible as it is tough to be in the gun business these days.  As I recall I got a good deal on a Surefire G2 and a Gunvault at Bear Arms.  Kind of surprises me about the customer service comment.  They seem to be pretty patient when I have been asking about stuff.  What exactly did they do?  Did they have any AKs in stock?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually buy my cleaning supplies and targets there, just because they are so close.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Larry's Guns in Lacey (Exit 109) usually has at least a half dozen or so visible on the wall.  That is along with all of the other pistol-gripped, semi-auto, it looks like it should be banned firearms on the rest of the walls.

His prices seem competitive and I'm confident he would be happy to sell you a gun.

HTH

Trey

Laryy and all his people are ass holes. I refuse to shop there now. Andy down in Elma is great. You can check out his website at www.eastcountyguns.com. He is open 6 days a week and usually has some if not he can get them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]
i've had such terrible experiences there, i'll absolutely never go back. I'm 23 and every time i've tried to ask that fatass a serious question he treats me like i'm a complete idiot. I was interested in using their firearm transfer service but he says that if he could order it himself then he wouldnt offer me the service...ok fair enough...so i ask about a M44, he says he wouldnt dare order such a thing, he "wouldnt even bother" trying to find one and kept up on degrading the rifle for a couple minutes, ultimately he said i have to bring in a picture of what i want transferred and he has to approve it, even if he cant or wont order the item for retail sale in the store, so if he really doesnt like the item YOU want, he won't provide the transfer service to you. He made this very clear. A while before that pleasant display of dedicated customer service I asked about having a Bushmaster rifle transferred through his shop, it was during a Bushmaster sale an online store was having and this guy insisted that this company was just and old man running his unsuccessful business through his kitchen. Anyway i dont recommend Bear Arms to anyone, their prices are awful, their inventory is pathetic and they don't give two shits about anyone who comes through their door.  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking for a local AK, does anyone know of any Seattle area shops that have them in stock? I've been through most of the Eastside and on up into Everett. A lot of driving, no luck, though.

Thanks,

~Icarus

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Try wades eastside guns,Its a good place to "LOOK". Or discount guns in kirkland
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a local AK, does anyone know of any Seattle area shops that have them in stock? I've been through most of the Eastside and on up into Everett. A lot of driving, no luck, though.

Thanks,

~Icarus

I fully understand driving to gunshops to see what they have, but then looking for anything specific I suggest
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Ben's loans in Renton
Federal Way Discount Guns

Both have a couple of AK's in stock
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not too happy with my experiences at Bear Arms either.  There is a "holier than thou" vibe they give off when want to talk guns.  They're pretty quick to trash a gun they don't have on dusplay in order to make a sell.

I spend my cash at Federal Way discount Guns and LEEDS in Tacoma.  Good service and not afraid to shoot the shit with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top