Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:42:37 PM EDT
We are going down to shoot in  the Practical Rifle match in March. Practical Rifle Link

Its on March 11th, and starts at 0900, they recommend  you show up around 0800 to get signed up and help set up(learn the courses before you shoot them ). The Club is located about 30 -45 minutes south of Potland depending on traffic,  its an early get up but worth the drive. I have shot at a few of the PR matches and they are a blast, a good bunch of guys and gals.
If anyone is intersted on following us down let me know.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good time!

Matches are held on the second Saturday of almost every month and begin at 0900 hours.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We are going down to shoot in  the Practical Rifle match in March. Practical Rifle Link

Its on March 11th, and starts at 0900, they recommend  you show up around 0800 to get signed up and help set up(learn the courses before you shoot them ). The Club is located about 30 -45 minutes south of Potland depending on traffic,  its an early get up but worth the drive. I have shot at a few of the PR matches and they are a blast, a good bunch of guys and gals.
If anyone is intersted on following us down let me know.

Yup, this match is a blast! If I am not working I'll be there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like fun. I'm going to see what I can do with my schedule and try to make it down there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]
An attempt will be made from the Bobbity Ranch, as well. We shall see....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like we should rent one of those club vans....visit portland on the way back
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, thats only an hour from me!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
sounds like we should rent one of those club vans....visit Portland on the way back

Why in the hell would you want to visit Portland? It's like Seattle only smaller.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
This look way kool.... wish it was closer my way... I wonder if there is other stuff like that our way, north.... would like to get me SEBR dialed in and go for it!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there any places like this in WA that do percision rifle, tactical hand gun, tactical rifle, or three gun matches?   It sounds like something fun to try out, too bad its not closer to home.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump for the people that might have forgotten.......

DDofWA- do you have to register beforehand, or just show up??
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You just show up, email randy, the guy who runs it and he will get you lined out with the gate code, so you dont have to ambush someone going through the gate.     His email is on the site that I linked to, and he will send you updates and sometimes the course of fire if he has it figured out.

A couple pointers.

-Have a rifle case that is easy to get your blaster in and out of. Your weapons WILL be in their cases at all times when you are not shooting.

- Wear knee and elbone pads, its not a sandbagger shoot. I usualy end up bleeding even with the pads.

- Bring rain gear, if it rains/snows/hails it just makes the shoot more fun.

- Wear boots, you will get muddy unless its been dry for some time.

- Gloves come in handy, it usualy takes place in a rock pit and getting in and out of the various shooting possions can play hell on your paws.

- eyes and ears

- NO steel core ammo, it destoys the steel targets.

Cboyer, if I have forgotten anything,  pipe up.

ETA: I am nursing a buggered up elbow, I am thinking about building a extra big pad for it so I can shoot. Right now I can hardly touch it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just show up, email randy, the guy who runs it and he will get you lined out with the gate code, so you dont have to ambush someone going through the gate.     His email is on the site that I linked to, and he will send you updates and sometimes the course of fire if he has it figured out.

A couple pointers.

-Have a rifle case that is easy to get your blaster in and out of. Your weapons WILL be in their cases at all times when you are not shooting.

- Wear knee and elbone pads, its not a sandbagger shoot. I usualy end up bleeding even with the pads.

- Bring rain gear, if it rains/snows/hails it just makes the shoot more fun.

- Wear boots, you will get muddy unless its been dry for some time.

- Gloves come in handy, it usualy takes place in a rock pit and getting in and out of the various shooting possions can play hell on your paws.

- eyes and ears

- NO steel core ammo, it destoys the steel targets.

Cboyer, if I have forgotten anything,  pipe up.

ETA: I am nursing a buggered up elbow, I am thinking about building a extra big pad for it so I can shoot. Right now I can hardly touch it.

You done good. I would add, bring a chair. You will end up sitting while your waiting to shoot.
  If you bring a hard rifle case make sure it is marked witch way the barrel is pointing. They don't like having a case opened with the barrel pointing back toward the gallery.And bring plenty of water and food it's a long day, Plus bring a change of clothes YOU WILL GET MUDDY!

Most important have fun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You done good. I would add, bring a chair. You will end up sitting while your waiting to shoot.
  If you bring a hard rifle case make sure it is marked witch way the barrel is pointing. They don't like having a case opened with the barrel pointing back toward the gallery.And bring plenty of water and food it's a long day, Plus bring a change of clothes YOU WILL GET MUDDY!

Most important have fun.

You don't like stopping for lunch on the way home  with muddy clothes?

You can mark you case with a piece of tape or just paint a line or dot on the muzzle end.

I think the entry fee has went up to $15.00, but its been a while since I have been down.

I knew I was forgetting a few things, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most important have fun.

You don't like stopping for lunch on the way home  with muddy clothes?

You can mark you case with a piece of tape or just paint a line or dot on the muzzle end.

I think the entry fee has went up to $15.00, but its been a while since I have been down.

I knew I was forgetting a few things, thanks.

Yes the entry is $15

I do drive home in muddy cloths but I'm only 45 Min a way. Some of you Northsiders have a much farther drive.  I don't know how many of you are going. But if there are a lot of you. You likely will be spit up into different squads. You will be known as Tyro's as in learner or beginners. And you will be assigned someone to show you the ropes.

Have fun. And please report back about the trip.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#16]
You will be known as Tyro's as in learner or beginners. And you will be assigned someone to show you the ropes.

If your new to this shoot and need someone to shoot with let me know, I'll be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top