Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:13:50 PM EDT

I heard this on KVI going to work and coming home.

Some braintrust WDOT is. 522 has the HOV on the right, 167 has the HOV on the left. These fuckers dont even know which side of the highway the HOV lanes really do belong on.

As I see it, the problem isnt as much lane availability as proper lane selection. These assclowns wait until they are 50 feet away from their exit, then try and leave the HOV lanes and cross 6 lanes of traffic. Now everyone has to stop for them.

The answer to move traffic is what D.C. has. Express lanes are that, express. Your ass gets in them and is on for the ride to the end. And guess what? Nobody stops to cross 6 lanes of traffic making everyone else all the way back to Seattle come to a frigin screeching halt because you cant!

Libtardation is indeed a social disease.

My Prediction: The slippery slope to toll roads. Only the wealthy will be on the highways, everyone else will be on a bus.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It is part of the "Cascadia" plan, they tried to charge a $1,50 an axle on 522 same on 405 same on 520 and same on I-5 it would cost serious money to travel from monroe to downtown seattle and back forcing people into high density urban control areas, the political org CAUGHT  Citizens Against Unfair Highway Guaging Taxes  stopped them before but Monroe was still a small close community at the time, don't think they could do it again.

Welcome to the New World Order.  "they" have ways to make you like it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Only the wealthy will be on the highways, everyone else will be on a bus.

Just THINK of how much fun that will be for ME!

"Hang on, LOSERS!  It's time to take out 'The MAN'!!!"

Bus Driving IS a sport!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Since we're on the subject of HOV lanes...just a few observations from one who 1) has never seen such a thing before I came here and 2) uses them when possible but thinks its a *REALLY* bad idea (I would love to see them outlawed). For context I travel 405 everyday between Bothell and 8th St in Bellevue. On this section the HOV is far left. First, while its nice that anyone who can use the HOV gets to their destination more quickly (than someone disallowed) Im not sure its a significant difference exc at the height of rush. It certainly isnt valuable enough to dedicate 1/3 or 1/4 of the highway to such a thing. Why waste such a precious resource? Once rush is done this lane goes pretty much unused. Second, in order to get on/off the HOV you need to pass thru (and slow down) all of the other lanes. So, really those not allowed on the HOV get penalize twice. Third, it engenders poor driving habits by instilling an 'I can drive slow in he left most lane.' attitude. Even when the HOV becomes the left most lane youll see nimrods poking along in it at 55 or less. In fact Ive seen traffic moving along at 65 or 70 and the HOV moving at 50. In anyones book such a large gradient in speed is a recipe for bad accidents. In this same stretch of highway I understand the DOT is putting in more HOV related surface at 124th St and just N. Why? Its clear 405 is unable to carry capacity during rush so why doesnt the DOT work on that instead of fiddle around the margins w/ more HOV related projects? Fourth, its clear the HOV is under used most of the time. If DOT is trying to 'induce' drivers to carpool then at some pt the HOV will exceed its carrying capacity and fail to function as envisioned. Then what? Perhaps they're counting on most people not HOVing. If thats the case then let just dump the concept b/c its not working. Fifth, trucks (hicubes, BUSES, etc) shouldnt be allowed in the HOV. They REALLY stop up the works badly....slow WAY down on hills, leave huge gaps to 'buffer' changes in traffic speed but mostly just go slow for no reason. This is esp true of buses...most bus drivers really need to learn how to drive.

Maybe you dont agree and Id like to hear what you have to say about that but I think itll be a hard sell...taxes could be used in such better ways (like lowering them). It seems to me that HOV is just another pet project w/o much basis in fact. Like every sacred cow though itll never be put out of its misery. Fire away...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Cops like HOV lanes, so they get HOV lanes.

HOV lanes are added, new lanes are built, not converted, , with federal money. To eliminate the HOV option, you have to pay the Feds back for the money they spent.

It adds up to a buttload of money, hundreds of millions.

When I was driving a bus, I used HOV lanes on both the left and right. The lanes on the right didn't work, because all the buses in the right HOV lane make getting on and off the freeway even worse during the commute.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
OdT, you want all of the A*^clowns from Sodom on the Sound moving to your neck of the woods? I didn't think so.
The plan in WA is to make it soo difficult to drive a POV that we all give up and take the bus. The .gov controlled bus. The local govs are even worse, Seattle recently did away with the requirement for parking space for new construction. Evidently they decided that there are already too many cars plugging up their precious bike/bus paths.

Social engineering plain and simple.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
but last time I was in Eastern WA, there was no shortage of real estate.... and they get a bunch more of the big-ass-fireball-in-the-sky that always seems to excite everyone else so much. Same can be said for Nebraska, Wyoming, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Utah...etc, etc... lots of room left out there.

There is open space in antarctica too, but living there is hard without a decent job to make it possible.

If there is econmic viability people will live there as they once did across America even though it may be a difficult enviroment to live comfortably in.

But that is what the control of the economy and transportation is all about, people control !

[John Hancock

April 15, 1775

"In circumstances dark as these, it becomes us, as Men and Christians, to reflect that, whilst every prudent Measure should be taken to ward off the impending Judgements....All confidence must be withheld from the Means we use; and reposed only on that GOD who rules in the Armies of Heaven, and without whose Blessing the best human Counsels are but Foolishness--and all created Power Vanity; /quote]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top