Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 5:14:29 PM EDT
First, an analysis of L.A. Driving:
-They have "Jack FM" down here...same format, same guy, different station....93.something
-Blinkers are entirely optional, especially when changing multiple lanes at once
-The light turns green, Moving forward seems that it must first pass committe before it happens
-My rental car, a Huyndai Sonatta is not too bad of a drive actually, I expected MUCH worse

The weather:
-They have this thing they call "El Sol" or "The sun" as opposed to ours, it actually warms the earth and is visible during the day

The hotel:
-Nice place, but I wouldn't want to live here
-Breakfast sandwitch delivered to your room for the bargain price of $11 (Thanks but no thanks)
-I don't yet have an opinion on the "sleep number bed"  Time will tell

LAX Firing Range Inc.
-I'll start with "meh"
-The staff definately had that "cooler than you" attitude.  Granted most people are in fact cooler than me.
-I wanted to shoot a compact 1911, I asked if they had any 4" models.  They said yes, then when I again referred to it as a compact 1911. "We don't have those"
-The S&W model I shot did not slide-lock
-The range and store was FILTHY
-They had 5 parking spots in total, I had to do several laps before being able to park

And Now, a Dinner Pic from L.A.
(Please not that various items are missing due to NOTHING being legal down here)

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a marvelous time. No really!

Heh at least you aren't (the ONE that is my manager and shall not be named). He spent the day in TX waiting for equipment to arrive and looking like a dumb ass. We finally got the store converted but it was a 12 hour day for me.

Hey ask those fuck sticks if they have any LEO mags for sale and then give them shit about it when they tell you they are illegal to own.

Oh and not one peep from me either! Count yersef lucky!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hey ask those fuck sticks if they have any LEO mags for sale and then give them shit about it when they tell you they are illegal to own.

I SERIOUSLY thought about it.  They had a bunch under the counter with a sign "Law Enforcement High capacity Mags"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss Hardees Carl's Jr
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I miss Hardees Carl's Jr

Western Bacon Cheeseburger.......MMMMmmmmmmmm!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the furniture in that photo looks strangely familiar....

Radisson must buy theirs from the same place..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I miss Hardees Carl's Jr

I even have Hardees over here, Yummy
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I miss Hardees Carl's Jr

Should have got the double...and cris cut fries. YUM!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I miss Hardees Carl's Jr

Should have got the double...and cris cut fries. YUM!

Well tomorrow:

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny, I always seem to find myself in In-N-Out quite a bit whenever I'm in the SOCAL AOR. . .
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
First, an analysis of L.A. Driving:
-They have "Jack FM" (sounds homosexual... and scary) down here...same format, same guy, different station....93.something
-Blinkers are entirely optional, especially when changing multiple lanes at once
-The light turns green, Moving forward seems that it must first pass committe before it happens
-My rental car, a Huyndai Sonatta is not too bad of a drive actually, I expected MUCH worse

The weather:
-They have this thing they call "El Sol" or "The sun" as opposed to ours, it actually warms the earth and is visible during the day this even got my serious ass laughing, you make it sound like you're visiting from the planet Krypton or something

The hotel:
-Nice place, but I wouldn't want to live here  you're behind enemy lines, what do you expect, a SleepNumber bed?
-Breakfast sandwitch delivered to your room for the bargain price of $11 (Thanks but no thanks)
-I don't yet have an opinion on the "sleep number bed"  Time will tell

LAX Firing Range Inc.
-I'll start with "meh"
-The staff definately had that "cooler than you" attitude.  Granted most people are in fact cooler than me.  coffee squirted out my nose here, not to worry i missed the keyboard.  it burns, my eyes are watery now.  thanks... ass.

-I wanted to shoot a compact 1911, I asked if they had any 4" models.  They said yes, then when I again referred to it as a compact 1911. "We don't have those" they don't know a full-size 1911 is 5-inches? definitely not cooler.

-The S&W model I shot did not slide-lock seriously not cool

-The range and store was FILTHY so... dirty AND uncool

-They had 5 parking spots in total, I had to do several laps before being able to park

tally: Napoleon complex, dirty, uneducated, uncool, lives in kalifornia... dude, they so suck

And Now, a Dinner Pic from L.A.
(Please not that various items are missing due to NOTHING being legal down here)

ar15.mcternen.com/dinner.jpg

and where is your HK at?  oh yeah, at home with Jody.  

BTW, nice knife.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

BTW, nice knife.

Goes with me everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#13]
One more "After Dinner" Pic

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Del Taco!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Del Taco!!!

+1

I want to see 6 Green Burritos, I would kill for 6 Green Burriots...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Tommy Burger's!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#17]
99.5 KLOS, Mark and Brian show in the morning, and they dont edit out the nekid chicks who show their boobs for Skylord ( the Helo Traffic pilot), and when you hear them say there is a SIG alert on such and such freeway...That dont mean someone is doing a drive-by...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well tomorrow:

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
99.5 KLOS, Mark and Brian show in the morning, and they dont edit out the nekid chicks who show their boobs for Skylord ( the Helo Traffic pilot), and when you hear them say there is a SIG alert on such and such freeway...That dont mean someone is doing a drive-by...

You need to listen to Jim Ladd, 10-12 pm on KLOS.

Too bad the only REAL rock station in LA is dead....

Added for info: SIG alert:

Loyd C. Sigmon

Drivers in Southern California owe Loyd C. Sigmon a debt of gratitude. He invented a broadcasting system that allows the police to warn drivers of freeway traffic jams and other emergencies.

While working as an engineer for KMPC-AM radio, Sigmon developed a $600 device that combined a tape recorder with a shortwave radio receiver. When a traffic emergency occurred, a police dispatcher activated the emergency beacon and recorded a message that could be broadcast on the air. Known as the SigAlert, the system was immediately adopted by six local radio stations.

The first SigAlert, which was broadcast on Sept. 5, 1955, requested the assistance of all area doctors and nurses to respond to a train derailment in downtown Los Angeles. The ensuing rush of medical personnel to the accident site actually caused a traffic jam. Future alerts were more successful, featuring reports of rabid dogs, boat collisions and car accidents. One SigAlert announced the news that a pharmacist had made a potentially fatal error while filling a prescription; the customer heard the alert in time and avoided an accidental poisoning.

Local governments and the National Safety Council honored Sigmon for his useful invention. Now computerized, SigAlerts are handled by the California Highway Patrol to report "any unplanned event that causes the closing of one lane of traffic for 30 minutes or more, as opposed to a planned event like road construction, which is planned separately."

Born in Stigler, Okla., Sigmon was always interested in electronics. He earned his ham radio license at 14, and helped build a radio station in Kansas City, Mo. During World War II, he monitored German radio broadcasts as the head of noncombat radio communications on Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower's staff. Sigmon later became a partner in Golden West Broadcasting, but he was best known for his emergency broadcast invention. On his car, personalized license plates read: SIGALRT.

Sigmon died on June 2 of natural causes. He was 95.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh PCR,

In & Out is a good burger, but I only miss one fast food from Kali. Get thee to El Pollo Loco! There's one right down the street from the airport. Turn right off Lincoln (east) and it's about ten blocks on the right. The best chicken and salsa know to man.

12860 Washington Blvd.
LOS ANGELES, CA 90066  
Phone: (310) 301-0326 Fax: (310) 574-0055

BTW PCR,

If you want to listen to the funniest radio program you ever heard, tune in AM 570 at 7pm to 10pm week nights! Phil Hendrie runs the most amazing comedy show I've ever heard, and I won't spoil the surprise behind the craziness, but just say that a single listen, and you'll be hooked. You can sustain your fix online at Phil Hendrie Show Online
Man, I'm pissed I forgot to mention it before. But I envy your meal at El Pollo Loco, and the fits of laughter listening to Phil. (PS) Listen to the whole show. Don't be put off by the crazy guests. After an hour or two you'll get it, and then lord help your neighbors.

Have fun Bud.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey PCR, you only have 4 days to make it to 6 locations!  You had better get started soon if you're going to make them all!

Linky

More Linky

OMG MORE LINKY!!

Linky Fo Yo Azz!!!

Yet another LINKY

ANOTHER ONE?

So it seems there are actually 18 locations, this is just the first page of results.  I challenge you to make it to all 18 locations in the next 4 days.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#22]
you guys don't have a del taco over on the coast? Sheesh we have two here in town, I had never heard of them untill about three years ago, their newist location is only about 3 min. away from my house. Time to go try a green burrito.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Time to go try a green burrito.

For the love of God and Family,Dont do it unless you are going to be alone for a couple of hours.

It is a cheap burrito, just beans, cheese and the green sauce...

If you want a meal, get a Macho Burrito..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Hooty Hoo!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
you guys don't have a del taco over on the coast? Sheesh we have two here in town, I had never heard of them untill about three years ago, their newist location is only about 3 min. away from my house. Time to go try a green burrito.

Mother Fucker!!!!!!!

Wonder if we could Fed Ex a Macho Combo buritto?

btw -  R-32?     Roadtrip!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

When I was in Korea, annother soldier who LOVED taco bell's bean burritos, had her mom mail some to her packed on dry ice.  Tossed em in the microwave and they were good to go!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I was in Korea, annother soldier who LOVED taco bell's bean burritos, had her mom mail some to her packed on dry ice.  Tossed em in the microwave and they were good to go!

Sweet!!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet!!  

Just make sure you have them wrapped in little sammich baggies, otherwise they stick to the ice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mother Fucker!!!!!!!

btw -  R-32?     Roadtrip!!!!

Im thinking we need to see Mack's M1a...

But then again it is only a 19 hour drive to Calimesa...

BTW:  Hooty Hoo!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#30]
LAX Firing Range?

you need to get out more.... that's the LAST place I'd go shoot in LA....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
LAX Firing Range?

Well, I couldn't find Compton
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LAX Firing Range?

It's closer than you think!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
LAX Firing Range?

It's closer than you think!

I don't have any level 3 body armor with me.  I already get to venture across town to see the Kali arf crew tonight.  Wish me luck!  I'm pretty sure I'm safe as all Kalifornians shoot their Glock 40s sideways.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Fess up you wanted the overcast because anymore of the 86 degree sunny days and you die from terminal sunburn.

Tommy burgers Tommy burgers Tommy Burgers  (OK In and Out aren't bad, but it's an apples and oranges thing.)

You come to SoCal and you want to go to Del Taco?  At least go to King Taco or even better a hole in the wall taqueria.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#35]
or Tito's taco's ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top