Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]

I  just read a bit of California's gun laws...<<twitch!>>

It's amazing what kind of idiocy can get passed when the inmates are in charge of the asylum.  I'm just glad I escaped in time...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Soon it could be that way all over.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What a headache
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Soon it could be that way all over

I don't think so.  The gun control lobby hasn't had any good successes lately (though AW bans are a threat in NY, IL) and with 37ish states now having CCW and lots of vets coming back with an appreciation for how firearms can protect their families, I'm hoping that we've seen their high water mark in our lifetimes.

Of course, we have to fight it when it threatens to erupt but then gunnies always did.  I collect old American Rifleman magazines and dumb @#$% has always been tried somewhere, even in the years when gun control wasn't that popular.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If Kansas and Nebraska pass CCW this year things may starting getting rational again. It was real encouraging to the gun grabbers they Doyle veto'ed CCW in Wisconsin. Although it does look like it will pass next year. Doyle is going to get handed his walking papers since he's pissed just about everybody in the state off (but you never know, people can be pretty stupid) and at least three Democrats are in the same boat. Two for turncoating on the veto override twice now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]

If Kansas and Nebraska pass CCW this year things may starting getting rational again.

I wonder if Iowa will, anytime soon?  Kayne Robinson might want to look to that.  When I lived in Iowa I felt like he was pretty useless.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Californian's do not have a Right to keep and bare Arms like spelled out in the Constitution. That is their first mistake. 9Millie said that she feared that it could be that why everywhere soon, I have to go along with donbcivil on this one,  I also think we have seen the "highwater mark"  in this lifetime from our own politicians. That still does not mean that I would not  watch out for any UN type crap, and as alway keep an eye on what is going out with your politicians.

We have something put on the table in this state, and through WAC,NRA,GOA,and the Net. we seem to be able to get a good amount of people to Olympia to counter argue, In California, they dont play by the same rules, and to get a "Standing Room Only" type of turn out means Several long hours of drives for the majority of Gun Owners.... I just dont see too many Californians willing to put off the weekend at Parker with the Jet Ski's, or forget about getting the Quads out to the dunes in order to fight for a Right that they do not have. ( For proof of this just goto the Ca hometown forum, sure they have a cool web site for Cali gun owners, but it is all wind, and no sails..)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
California also has a year round legislature, I believe, as opposed to the 2-3 month legislative period here.  Much more time for them to cause trouble in order to appear productive.  If they ever try to make the leg year-round here, I think that's something to fight tooth and nail.

It is a damn shame about California, as I enjoyed much of my 10 years there.  In a sane world, I'd be cleaning a black rifle for matches in Coalinga and/or around San Jose, once a year or so.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just read a bit of California's gun laws...<<twitch!>>

FOR THE LOVE OF THE CHILDREN, why?!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
KA is run by asshat politicians mostly from the LA and San Francisco Areas, much like WA is run by the candy-assed liberals in Seattle.
They are mostly "feel good" liberals who believe they know what is best for the people.
They invented "Political Correctness" and are continuing to inflict it on the citizens.
WA is much better, but I still buy most of my weapons FTF as I don't like paper.
We used to be able to do that in KA, but that right too, was legislated away.
There are many good things about California,
Just not enough to keep me there.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Soon it could be that way all over

I don't think so.  The gun control lobby hasn't had any good successes lately (though AW bans are a threat in NY, IL) and with 37ish states now having CCW and lots of vets coming back with an appreciation for how firearms can protect their families, I'm hoping that we've seen their high water mark in our lifetimes.

Of course, we have to fight it when it threatens to erupt but then gunnies always did.  I collect old American Rifleman magazines and dumb @#$% has always been tried somewhere, even in the years when gun control wasn't that popular.

The problem with this outlook is that it seems to overlook the fact that the Democrats can often do what they wish against the will of the people. Check who is in the Governor's mansion. Certainly not the person we the people voted for. They always add that "emergency" bullshit to the anti bills. One criminal does something big and they might just find a way to pass something, at least in this state.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We have something put on the table in this state, and through WAC,NRA,GOA,and the Net. we seem to be able to get a good amount of people to Olympia to counter argue, In California, they dont play by the same rules, and to get a "Standing Room Only" type of turn out means Several long hours of drives for the majority of Gun Owners.... I just dont see too many Californians willing to put off the weekend at Parker with the Jet Ski's, or forget about getting the Quads out to the dunes in order to fight for a Right that they do not have. ( For proof of this just goto the Ca hometown forum, sure they have a cool web site for Cali gun owners, but it is all wind, and no sails..)

Having just came from there I did not know how bad things really were... I knew but I didn't, ya know!?!?  I think a lot of CA folks just don't know.... not even know close to the half of what's been done to them.... what their rights are and what's being taken away.... too bad and as you and other say if we do not talk with others all over the US they will not know and could lose their rights as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#13]

The problem with this outlook is that it seems to overlook the fact that the Democrats can often do what they wish against the will of the people.

Yeah but if the starting point is seeing increased controls as inevitable, a whole lot of people who might've jumped into the fray by at least writing a letter or calling a rep might not bother.

Obviously there are real risks...the Dem-dominated state government, the UN.

But I think we have the ability to fight back successfully.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The problem with this outlook is that it seems to overlook the fact that the Democrats can often do what they wish against the will of the people.

Yeah but if the starting point is seeing increased controls as inevitable, a whole lot of people who might've jumped into the fray by at least writing a letter or calling a rep might not bother.

Obviously there are real risks...the Dem-dominated state government, the UN.

But I think we have the ability to fight back successfully.

Understood, but there are also two extremes of those who will do nothing. One will say what they will do but yet do nothing and the other just doesn't do anything. Letter writing and calling should take place when it looks good and when it doesn't look good. I believe it is our duty to let our representatives know how we feel.

I agree with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top