Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 7:26:26 AM EDT
Anyone know if there are GSSF matches held anywhere in W WA? If so where and how often?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi there 556x45, you can find the schedule here:  http://www.gssfonline.com/
Looks like there's one in Shelton in August.  Have fun with the SIBS.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi there 556x45, you can find the schedule here:  http://www.gssfonline.com/
Looks like there's one in Shelton in August.  Have fun with the SIBS.

Hi and thanx. Yes, I saw that over on the gssf site. Id like to shoot more often than that and wondered if any of the clubs/ranges ran bi/monthly events. I also am not in a position to travel expensively from one event to another so the 'main' shoots are out unless theyre very close.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You can shoot IDPA at Renton Fish and Game the third saturday of every month.

NWPPA Website

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
France
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Start playing USPSA and shoot every weekend if you'd like.

http://northwestsection.org/teamnwa.html
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Start playing USPSA and shoot every weekend if you'd like.

http://northwestsection.org/teamnwa.html

How do IDPA and USPSA differ? I really dont know anything about them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
France

So, France is part of W WA? That wouldnt surprise me a bit. You must be the king
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
France

So, France is part of W WA? That wouldnt surprise me a bit. You must be the king

That must make you the Jester...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
France

That must make you the Jester...

Ummmm....no. So could we get back to the topic now or start a new thread 'Why W WA is like France...'?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How do IDPA and USPSA differ? I really dont know anything about them.

Hmm...where do I start with that one! :)  OK...I'll try and hit the highlights.  IDPA will allow shooters to shoot 1 (one) club match and after that you are required to join IDPA to shoot again (annual membership is something like $30).  In USPSA you can shoot as many matches you want without joining the USPSA and shoot as an "unclassified" shooter.  To become a classified shooter, you must join the USPSA (annual membership again is something $30).  

Regarding the equipment part of if, in USPSA you'd probably be shooting Production division (10 round magazines.  Holster and all mags must be behind the shooters centerline).  Production allows very few modifications to the gun.   In IDPA, you'd be shooting Stock Service Pistol (SSP)...again 10 round magazines and gun and mag holsters must be behind the shooters centerline...and almost no changes to the gun are allowed.

Now regarding the shooting part of it...this is where the two really separate themselves.  IDPA tries to call itself more "tactical" and in doing so has a host of rules regarding how you can shoot, and how you can reload...it also dictates which targets you'll shoot and in which order....typically all shooting has to be done from behind cover if there is any on the course of fire.  Stage round count in IDPA is always less than 18 rounds.

In USPSA (internationally its called IPSC), the shooting is considered freestyle. You can reload anywhere you want and any way you want (meaning you can drop magazines with rounds still remaining in the magazine on the ground...in IDPA you must keep those magazines on you).  In USPSA its up to the shooter to decide (or figure out) what the best way to shoot a stage is...if you can see the target, you can shoot the target (note there are some exceptions to this where  the course of fire will dictate target engagement order...these stages are typically "classifer" stages where all shooters shoot the stage the same way and then their shooting performance is given a national rank). Stage round count in USPSA is typically less than 32 rounds (you'll see lots of stages with 20-30 rounds)....in USPSA...emphasis is on shooting...and lots of it.  Generally speaking, I think USPSA will make you a better overall shooter.  

If your interested, I'd recommend coming to a match and see how either game is played.  Next weekend (saturday) is Renton's monthly IDPA match...and next Sunday is Marysville's USPSA match.

check out the two websites for more info:

IDPA
USPSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top