Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 7:22:09 PM EDT
Opinions? Anyone WA WTF'ers have one? I'm interested in using one as the starting point for for a reliable comp/tactical/zombie (back-up only, of course ).

I've called a few places, also crawled the web, seems they are hard to come by - so have you seen one lately? I'd kinda like to get my mitts on one before I plonk down the cash. Seen one in any stores wetside lately? Know of any stores with one or more in stock?

www.springfield-armory.com/prod-pstl-1911-GI.shtml

Thanks,

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=222763

Opps I missed the hi capacity part.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The Marksman had 3 or 4 "Hi-Cap" Milspecs, but I didn't see any GIs. I want to say the Milspecs were $459-ish.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Marksman had 3 or 4 "Hi-Cap" Milspecs, but I didn't see any GIs. I want to say the Milspecs were $459-ish.

Thanks for the tip!

I just talked to Chris at Marksman - they have 3 hi cap Mil-specs in. Sounds like SA is replacing the hi-cap mil spec with the hi cap GI. Chris wasn't sure what the differences between the two are... looking at the SA web page, it looks like the differences are the reciever, sites, and ejection port.

Maybe it's time to head down to Puyallup...

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:18:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the tip!

I just talked to Chris at Marksman - they have 3 hi cap Mil-specs in. Sounds like SA is replacing the hi-cap mil spec with the hi cap GI. Chris wasn't sure what the differences between the two are... looking at the SA web page, it looks like the differences are the reciever, sites, and ejection port.

Maybe it's time to head down to Puyallup...

I bought my GI there the other day. I wanted a Milspec, but couldn't find them anywhere. I walked into the Marksman and saw several, then realized they were the hicaps. Don't know why I didn't want one of those.....just didn't feel right in my hand I guess.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I bought my GI there the other day. I wanted a Milspec, but couldn't find them anywhere. I walked into the Marksman and saw several, then realized they were the hicaps. Don't know why I didn't want one of those..... just didn't feel right in my hand I guess.

Yeah, I looked at them on Saturday, and didn't buy. The thing that bothered me the most was the slide stop, which was hard to get to as the frame is so big. The para frame and stop are slightly different, and as such easier to get to. Additionally the para feels a bit more refined in the hand.

However, I am now regretting not buying it. A forged high-cap slide and frame will run me more than the cost of this gun! So - browsers remorse. I will likely get one, and then it's time for the mill, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top