Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 9:20:27 PM EDT
Some friends and I are leaving Puyallup @ 6:30am Sunday to go ride single track trails in Belfair (where  quads can't go). Should be back about 1 pm. Anyone that would like to go is welcome. My under standing my friends friend is a little slow, and we are a little crazy.

Riding dirt helps cure the EBR disease. That is all
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some friends and I are leaving Puyallup @ 6:30am Sunday to go ride single track trails in Belfair (where  quads can't go). Should be back about 1 pm. Anyone that would like to go is welcome. My under standing my friends friend is a little slow, and we are a little crazy.

Riding dirt helps cure the EBR disease. That is all

Sorry Dude, I only ride Quads!
I've never been to Belfaire, I hear it's an interesting place. If anyone ever wants to do some Quad riding there please let me know. (no DirtbagsDirtbikes) I'll be going up to Rieters on Sunday, if anyone is up for it please let me know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've spent a lot of time roaming around the sticks in Belfair.  Where are you headed (in general)?  Out towards Tahuya?  Sand Hill?  Where's a good place to ride out there these days?

I used to shoot out in Tahuya all the time but they started putting up gates everywhere and made it difficult.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've spent a lot of time roaming around the sticks in Belfair.  Where are you headed (in general)?  Out towards Tahuya?  Sand Hill?  Where's a good place to ride out there these days?

I used to shoot out in Tahuya all the time but they started putting up gates everywhere and made it difficult.

We park at the Gravel Pit near Sand hill and yes it's Tahuya.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We park at the Gravel Pit near Sand hill and yes it's Tahuya.

Man that sounds like it would be fun.  I can't make it this weekend cause I have my kid, but if you decide to go out that way again be sure to post.  I haven't had my bike out of my yard for a really long time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Erex recieved an IM before this thread was posted.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Im a local-ish to belfair (Bremerton).  I dont have a quad or dirt bike yet, but I'd join ya for breakfast or lunch at Jimmy Ds in ghorst...  BTW, there is some DNR land out there that I've unofficially shot at before...  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lunch at Jimmy Ds in ghorst...  BTW, there is some DNR land out there that I've unofficially shot at before...  

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure what the rest of this party is doing yet. I think we are going to for 1/2 the day and be home by 1300.

bosifus just moved out that way maybe some time in the future we can all check out some shooting spots
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a before picture.

We had a great time Erex did much better that the other two rookie riders. With in a few more rides I think he will be a pro. I wish my friend on the red XR 600 would get a handle on ARFcom. One POS bike had to be towed out by the XR600.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
figured id have problems with my bike but the reck ensured a no hold back attatude with the trails id had to mow threw...Geez wheres the bunny trails

Minus the burns on each leg!!!  They say shorts arnt good for riding but what the hell...if u arnt gettin hurt u arnt riding hard enough...Look at the left leg!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
figured id have problems with my bike but the reck ensured a no hold back attatude with the trails id had to mow threw...Geez wheres the bunny trails

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/830706/OHLMJ-IM001407.JPG

Minus the burns on each leg!!!  They say shorts arnt good for riding but what the hell...if u arnt gettin hurt u arnt riding hard enough...Look at the left leg!

That looks painful.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/830706/OHLMJ-IM001407.JPG

That looks painful.

Chicks dig scars.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for not being a messy house guest, Erex.  I think Coyote was on his best (cleanest) behavior too.  Someone actually cleaned up the breakfast dishes before I got up!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That looks painful.

Looks like an ugly knee to me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
One looks like C3PO

Yes he does.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Man, I wish I had a dirt bike.
No, wait, that would have me buying at least a 2000 250 cc 2 stroke dirt bike ($4000+) plus $1500 in riding gear, and then another $500 in riding stuff and, since I can't leave a motorcycle stock that means another $1200 in an FMF pipe, LA Sleeve big bore kit, Extrude Hone porting, Boyesen Reeds.
Damn, can't forget I'm in the PNW, a Moose Racing  (now ALOOP) heavy flywheel, Fox racing shock, Renthal bars, case guard/skid plate....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]
KA3B,
I don't even know what to think by that description.  Sounds like it would be good on a motocross track.  The kind of riding we do looks like goat trails.  Seems like 4 strokes rule the tight trails.  I've been riding the same dirt bike, wearing the same helmet and boots going on ten years, and it's all stock.  All my gear is getting old.  The young guys have a hard time keeping up.  So it's not the equipment . . . it's the man.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
KA3B,
I don't even know what to think by that description.  Sounds like it would be good on a motocross track.  The kind of riding we do looks like goat trails.  Seems like 4 strokes rule the tight trails.  I've been riding the same dirt bike, wearing the same helmet and boots going on ten years, and it's all stock.  All my gear is getting old.  The young guys have a hard time keeping up.  So it's not the equipment . . . it's the man.

When you don't have the equipment it's not about being "the man".  

A 2-stroke set up the way I described it would SMOKE any of the 450+ 4-strokes in the tight stuff, and the 250-300 would not be able to keep up with it in the open.
My last dirt bike was a 95 KX250 that was set up about the same way.
Heavier flywyheel, FMF low/mid torque pipe, Extrude Hone for midrange, smaller carb, it was set-up as a Woods/Hare Scramble bike and it worked great.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

A 2-stroke set up the way I described it would SMOKE any of the 450+ 4-strokes in the tight stuff, and the 250-300 would not be able to keep up with it in the open.
My last dirt bike was a 95 KX250 that was set up about the same way.
Heavier flywyheel, FMF low/mid torque pipe, Extrude Hone for midrange, smaller carb, it was set-up as a Woods/Hare Scramble bike and it worked great.

I agree a two stroke can do very well. You probably know.... My point is the rider makes the bike not the other way around.

Point being my riding partner Don has an almost new XR650 with more horses under the seat and better suspension than I have. But he is no faster on the trails than I am. We are neck and neck most of the time.  But get on a strait logging road and he does a slow walk away from me on the get go. Both of these bikes do over 100 MPH!!! The tighter the trail the better I ride compared to most riders I have ridden with. ETA: And some of them have all the new bike & gear too!!

I'm partial to four strokes. I did ride Erex's RM 250 a little today. The second time I rode it he had the gas shut off and I only made it about 1/4 mile. It has some snappy power and felt very light weight compared to my 285+ lb ATK. It was very easy to pop a wheelie on the trail. For me its kinda hard to feel comfortable on someone else's bike after riding the same bike for years.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, I think my fingers are getting away from me on the key board

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I was out riding down by the Shelton airport area last weekend, looks like they're closing that area down.
I wish I'd spotted this thread earlier. I haven't been back up to Tahuya in years.
I currently ride a '90 CR500R, and after 23 dirtbikes over the years, it is by far and away the best fit for me. I got it with less than 20 hours on it for only $1500, and it rocks, even for it's age. I had a 2001 CR250R a few years ago, and thought that bike was amazing, but the 500 is so....500-ish! I have been seriously thinking about getting one of the CR500AF's, but 2 kids, a wife, a mortgage, and a bad case of BRD makes the $8000 seem like a lot of money.
I'll keep an eye out here and maybe hook up next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top