Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:19:32 PM EDT
We organized Magoo's thursdays as a day that people could get together during the week that would otherwise have plans on the weekend.  A time to meet up with friends they would otherwise not see.  Well, the attendance has dropped off and interest seems to be lacking.  So, the PCR clan will no longer organize the thursday get together.  We'll probably get together on thursdays regardless, have dinner or just hang out.  If anyone is still interested, feel free to IM,  you are welcome to join us.

-Mac (PCR-00)

ETA:
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So I take it, No one show'd?...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So I take it, No one show'd?...

We've had off and on shows, but the people this was originally organized for have found greener pastures.  Over the past few weeks they have shown up less and less.  The PCR clan can hang out at home for cheaper beer prices.  I'm assuming peoples lives have gotten more busy but it's easy to jump to the "why are people not hanging out with us any more?"  I checked my deoderant, it's still fresh.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A planned weekly gathering loses luster after awhile. The bahama Breeze dinners go well usually because we have them only 3-4 months. LCR shoots do well because they are every 4-5 months. Magoos? Everyweek, same spot in Tacoma........well you know.  

Just odd how a 3 year tradition falls apart in 3 months.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We organized Magoo's thursdays as a day that people could get together during the week that would otherwise have plans on the weekend.  A time to meet up with friends they would otherwise not see.  Well, the attendance has dropped off and interest seems to be lacking.  So, the PCR clan will no longer organize the thursday get together.  We'll probably get together on thursdays regardless, have dinner or just hang out.  If anyone is still interested, feel free to IM,  you are welcome to join us.

-Mac (PCR-00)

ETA:

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Has it really been 3 years?..
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Been there, liked it, just have had a lot of things the last few weeks, and it's hard to get there early enough for some folk.  And it's just not the same when certain folk are unable to attend, too ...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Has it really been 3 years?..

it's probably been going on longer than that... long before we were involved in ARF.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
The smoking ban ruined it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear PCR Every week I think about going but like tonight I'm still working in the shop if I"m not taking a brake on ARFcom.

Would you, Hippy and the rest be interested in meeting with Cherry and I every so often @ McCabes? Shari & I like to Dance, its fun, and thats where we met.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear PCR Every week I think about going but like tonight I'm still working in the shop if I"m not taking a brake on ARFcom.

Would you, Hippy and the rest be interested in meeting with Cherry and I every so often @ McCabes? Shari & I like to Dance, its fun, and thats where we met.

I'd be up for that, sometimes.  It's a fun place.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

-Mac (PCR-00)

ETA:

Sorry man.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Just @#$%^&* GREAT.

Now y'all are gonna invent a new location?????

I barely learned where the last one was!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just @#$%^&* GREAT.

Hey this one is easy to get to, its four blocks from I5, about 27th and Pacific Ave Tacoma. It can be a meat marketyou can't miss it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just @#$%^&* GREAT.

Hey this one is easy to get to, its four blocks from I5, about 27th and Pacific Ave Tacoma. It can be a meat marketsmiley.onegreatguy.net/yay2.gif you can't miss it.

Ahhhhhhhh...I didn't recognize the name, but that's over by the car wash with the pink Elephant on the sign, and a Jack-in-the-box, right? It used to be hard-core country, but now the feature nights with far more, ahem...shall we say "ethnic" music???
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#18]
It's been a year since I been there. Last I knew Sun and Mon nights were "ethnic", and the rest of the week was Country. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It's been a year since I been there. Last I knew Sun and Mon nights were "ethnic", and the rest of the week was Country. Am I wrong?

It's been a year or so since I was there last as well, and I hadn't been there more than a few times about a year ago before that.

The last time I was there, the shitters were outside, in the form of Porta-Potties since they were remodeling. The bartender was really apologetic to all of us (6 Large country boys) since we expected Chris Ledoux and got, .....whatever the hell that shit-noise was.  At any rate, the drinks served that night to us were very stought.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I won't be able to make any week night events anymore. I'm working swing shifts mon-fri now. Don't even get off work until all of you are long gone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I never made it to Magoo's but I was there in spirit :)

I have pretty full weeks with the kids and no daycare after I get off work. Lately that has been never.

RIP
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been a year or so since I was there last as well, and I hadn't been there more than a few times about a year ago before that.

The last time I was there, the shitters were outside, in the form of Porta-Potties since they were remodeling. The bartender was really apologetic to all of us (6 Large country boys) since we expected Chris Ledoux and got, .....whatever the hell that shit-noise was.  At any rate, the drinks served that night to us were very stought.

Aren't you an Eastsider, or do you just drive there every month?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you an Eastsider, or do you just drive there every month?

I'm about as east as you can get, in fact I'd reckon I'm the eastest of the Eastsiders, about 2 miles from the ID/WA border.
I make it to the Tacoma area every now and then, mostly on business for the 'Guard.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I am sorry to hear that, Mac. Unfortunatly, you understand the military has other ideas for soldiers on Thursday nights...

Maybe Voilsb and I can work out a way to come visit the PCR gang on Friday nights. I know Voils is sometimes busy on Friday nights, I'll let him chime in on this one.  Even though I am new to the group(s), I rather enjoyed Magoo's get togethers, LCR, ect.

IM me and I'll get you my cell number, maybe there is a solution to this dilema...

-Beetle
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone is welcome over to my place on Friday nights....Come on over!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A planned weekly gathering loses luster after awhile. The bahama Breeze dinners go well usually because we have them only 3-4 months. LCR shoots do well because they are every 4-5 months. Magoos? Everyweek, same spot in Tacoma........well you know.  

Just odd how a 3 year tradition falls apart in 3 months.

you have to contend with cigarette habits too.  besides, you can smoke at home AND have a beer in your hand at the same time.  i think that had a lot to do with it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

you have to contend with cigarette habits too.  besides, you can smoke at home AND have a beer in your hand at the same time.  i think that had a lot to do with it.

I don't think smoking is grounds for friends not GingTG.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I think a change of atmosphere will be good anyway. We have been going to Magoos for over a year now and before that was the Emerald Queen.

If people dont want to get together it doesnt really bother me...but a wise man once said MAN UP! All you really have to do it say "no I wont be there". Nothing worse then people saying they will be there and then later find out they were hanging out with their "cooler" friends.

I mean who is cooler then me??

Dont answer that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
You mean LargeMarge was there?! If I had known that...
I still wouldn't have made it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

hater
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I mean who is cooler then me??

Dont answer that.

Are ya sure????? I could go there for ya!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
hater

No, no. I gots love for you. Just not enough to drive up to Tacoma on a week day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd go if it were on Wednesdays, maybe Thursday is just bad for most????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top