Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 8:33:21 PM EDT
I picked these up within a week of each other.I already had the FN High-Power and then Kooter came to the store i work at and bought the Mil-Spec and it got me thinking,i don't have one of those and i can't have one great Browning design without having the other.So i splurged and treated myself.The wife wasn't too pleased though and didn't understand that it's about the historical value

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Pair!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What are they going for now-a-days?...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The FN i got for 449.99 and the S.A. Mil-SPEC IS 422.05,but since i work at the gun store i get a break
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The FN i got for 449.99 and the S.A. Mil-SPEC IS 422.05,but since i work at the gun store i get a break

Thanks, It has been a while since I bought a pistol. Im going to pick up a .38 at the show this weekend, and I would not mind picking up a .45
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What day are you going to the show?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Sat or sunday, Im only 6 miles from the fairgrounds...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be working on Sunday at the Marksman.If you stop by let me know,my name is Jeremy(i'm trying to meet as many Hometown ARFCOMES as I can)I met Kooter the other day when he bought his.Preferably not through work though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyway we are off subject.Thanks for the compliment Medic.I actually sold my Glock 19 to help finance the .45.I had an epiphany"no more plastic frames" i'm on a crusade to replace my polymers with steel frames
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll be working on Sunday at the Marksman.If you stop by let me know,my name is Jeremy(i'm trying to meet as many Hometown ARFCOMES as I can)I met Kooter the other day when he bought his.Preferably not through work though.

The show this weekend is in Monroe, so I don't think he'll be stopping by Puyallup

You need to bring your ass to the next shoot, you'll get to meet plenty of hometowners
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#10]
August is the next shoot,right?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
August is the next shoot,right?

April.

You can also meet some ARFCommers at Gun show get togethers, Magoo's, Mini shoots, or any other GTG we may do during the month
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I was concidering buying the new FN P-35 High Power but after discovering the newest models don't retain the browning die roll markings and the price over  550.00 was a little to much for a basic  plain jane military model.  

The newer FN series guns dont have the cosmetic, machine and mechanical quality you would find with earier made high power pistols.  The FN stamp roll markings on the slide were less than acceptible by my standards, roll markings looking  off center and not even pressure striked giving the gun a poor Q.C. appearance with the added poor and cheaply applied finish. These newer FN pistols remind me of the Argintine FM pistols releaed back in the early eighties or the Inglis Canadian guns issued to the Chinese.  I would recomend buying only the pre 70's Browning maked guns for superior investment intrests and shooting refinement.    

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info Big_Elf,but if you ask me the QC of FN is just fine.If i wanted to collect then i would seriously consider your advice,but since i'm in the buisness of shooting and not "Collecting"my guns i'm not worried about it.I'll get you a closer pic if you'd like but the FN markings on the side are within my standards and I don't set low standards.

ETA It shoots like a dream too!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
nice
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Hymus
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]
One of my lurker friends is moving to a location within spittin' distance of The Marksman & TSC.  Since I shoot my EBR at TSC on occasion, I'll have to look you up.  I'm sure we've met before, as I have spent a few bucks at The Marksman (ammo / accessories).  Maybe with the tax refund I'll. . .

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#17]
yeah i'm going down there tom. to give the owner my tax refund aswell
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
It's nice to know you are finally getting rid of all that dang combat tupperware!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah i know, i only have to sell the G-21 to complete the crusade,then i will go and get a Colt series 80 Comander to relace it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top