Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 8:11:00 PM EDT
If Strat can take the early heat, Phil goes down in the eighth to fatigue.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My money's on STRAT!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The Country Boy will survive....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not if it's a hotdog eatin' contest.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]

“Children should neither be seen or heard from -- ever again.”

W. C. Fields

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]

"It was the spirit of liberty which gave us our armed strength and which made our men invincible in battle. We now know that that spirit of liberty, the freedom of the individual, and the personal dignity of man, are the strongest and toughest and most enduring forces in all the world."
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]

“In our country are evangelists and zealots of many different political, economic and religious persuasions whose fanatical conviction is that all thought is divinely classified into two kinds-that which is their own and that which is false and dangerous.”

Robert H. Jackson

So what round are we in anyway Bunny?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A Country Boy will survive....

Ditto

Quoted:

Is there a topic, or just random comments that are thrown out?

It's encoded

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Strat can take the early heat, Phil goes down in the eighth to fatigue.

Is there a topic, or just random comments that are thrown out?

Haven't you been following the Phil_In_Seattle vs Stratiotes philosophical debates?

Strat applies founding fathers quote to current issue.
Phil tells Strat he's full of crap.
Strat alludes to Phil's idiocy
Phil strikes back with detailed analysis of Strat's logical errors
Strat tells Phil he is full of crap
Phil alludes to Strat's idiocy
Strat throws a few more founding fathers quotes at Phil

repeat
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#12]
History teaches us men do not learn from history.
All I can do is plant the seed and water it, God brings the increase to those with eyes to see and ears to hear, to comprehend and understand.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Strat applies founding fathers quote to current issue.
Phil tells Strat he's full of crap.
Strat alludes to Phil's idiocy
Phil strikes back with detailed analysis of Strat's logical errors
Strat tells Phil he is full of crap
Phil alludes to Strat's idiocy
Strat throws a few more founding fathers quotes at Phil

Whatever.

I see Phil as comparable to the NRA and Strat as GOA.

The GOA's no-compromise rhetoric sounds cool but it's because of the NRA that CCW reform has swept the country.  Results vs. appearance.

dnobcivil
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The GOA's no-compromise rhetoric sounds cool but it's because of the NRA that CCW reform has swept the country.  Results vs. appearance.

dnobcivil

CCW reform should have never been an issue in the first place.

So I take it that you are Anti-GOA?

Im  not going to change the topic but I am a life member of both, I think GOA has done a great job of being the devil over the NRA's shoulder, and makeing the NRA think about what they are going to have their Jr politician wannabe's  do and say.  I would love to see the NRA take some lessons from the GOA and get tougher on the issues,(and they seem to be getting a little better)  but to be honest, there is not much I think the NRA could teach the GOA without compromising the goals of GOA.

What do you think of JFPO?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]
That's my sig line R-32!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That's my sig line R-32!  

Great minds....You keep it, I can get a new one in a few min's.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Agreed.  But if we held out for Vermont carry or nothing, the CCW wave probably wouldn't have happened.

Im not going to change the topic but I am a life member of both, I think GOA has done a great job of being the devil over the NRA's shoulder, and makeing the NRA think about what they are going to have their Jr politician wannabe's do and say. I would love to see the NRA take some lessons from the GOA and get tougher on the issues,(and they seem to be getting a little better) but to be honest, there is not much I think the NRA could teach the GOA without compromising the goals of GOA.

You're right about them pushing the NRA.  But the NRA is the group that got results.

I like any pro-RKBA organization.  Minority-based orgs (e.g., JFPO, Pink Pistols/Ceasefear) have the potential to be particularly effective, I think.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Agreed.  But if we held out for Vermont carry or nothing, the CCW wave probably wouldn't have happened.

Im not going to change the topic but I am a life member of both, I think GOA has done a great job of being the devil over the NRA's shoulder, and makeing the NRA think about what they are going to have their Jr politician wannabe's do and say. I would love to see the NRA take some lessons from the GOA and get tougher on the issues,(and they seem to be getting a little better) but to be honest, there is not much I think the NRA could teach the GOA without compromising the goals of GOA.

You're right about them pushing the NRA.  But the NRA is the group that got results.

I like any pro-RKBA organization.  Minority-based orgs (e.g., JFPO, Pink Pistols/Ceasefear) have the potential to be particularly effective, I think.

It is sad that a few voices will be heard, while the vast majority will not.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This ain't no fight. This is commentary.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top