Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 7:55:34 PM EDT
I read before that a MG is legal in the state if owned by a corp.And that the officers can take it out to shoot.Correct?

if yes,how is it done? Anyone here  do so yet?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, I'm not going anywhere near an MG.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I read before that a MG is legal in the state if owned by a corp.And that the officers can take it out to shoot.Correct?

Good luck but...no.  Only if you owned it WAAAAY before the MG ban went into place here in WA.

unless you are looking for this, then you only need 250 bucks and a good mechanic

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck but...no.  Only if you owned it WAAAAY before the MG ban went into place here in WA.

unless you are looking for this, then you only need 250 bucks and a good mechanic

www.cs.mtu.edu/~steve/MG/mg-after.jpg

I have a purple one of those damn things taking up space in my garage.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think you could make this work w/i limits. First, I dont think youll be allowed to store in state even as a corp. However, if you form a corp in ID or OR and store the weapons there that would work. To be an officer I dont think you have to reside in the state of incorporation. I was thinking along those lines but didnt persue it. Im planning to move soon (to a free state) so Ill not need to do that dodge. In fact you could do you sound suppressors that way too. Although you can own them here its illegal to use them...so keeping it out of state isnt an inconvenience.

ETA: After reading your post I failed to answer some of your questions. Yes, what you said is correct exc here. MGs are banned exc for govt. Yes, its vile and wrong BUT thats how it is now. I asked WAC if they were working on that and its not even on their radar. Theyre working on more basic problems. Youre choices are not to have anything or keeping them out of state. Depending on how close you live to ID or OR that may or may not be doable. However, as I mentioned above if youre willing to do a bit of travel it might just be doable. I think having the ability to own MGs would far out weight the down side of travelling to use them. HTH...BTW once youve gotten the MG thing in your blood nothing else will do. Its loads of fun and rather expensive too (for guns and ammo). One thing for sure everyone leaves a MG shoot
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You don't.  Just because it would be a corporate asset doesn't exclude it from the ban.  Nice try though.

This topic has been cussed and discussed here a bunch.  The only way to get an MG, SBR or SBS in this state is to become a Class 3 dealer or a Class 2 manufacturer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top