Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 7:44:48 PM EDT
I am trying to book airline tickets to get home to KY and am having the hardest time!  I thought it would be as easy as clicking a few buttons, putting in a CC number and BOOM!  Here's your tickets!  But NOOOOO it has to be a total pain in the butt  If anyone knows of a cheap way to get tickets from Seatac to Paducah Kentucky for a 14 day stretch (weekends included) sometime in JULY let me know please!!!

Rant off now.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
$409 roundtrip on American Airlines (via Expedia.com.)  Dates entered were 7/9 - 7/22.  No direct flights, but a few choices with one connection.....

Don't know if this link will work...www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?tovr=-1294737294&ps3u=
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
After talking to Kooter he has decided that we need tickets from 07/13-07/29 (Although he still complains that that will be to much time to spend with my family )  The next closest airport we would fly in/out of would be Nashville (although if the $$ difference isn't much flying into Paducah would be MUCH better as it's only a 45 minute drive from home compaired to a 2 1/2 hour drive home)  I hate making vacation plans.  This is another one of those times that I wish I could wiggle my nose and it all be done and ready to go!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
$366 via Travelocity

I would check all the major ticketing places...  expedia, travelocity, orbitz, priceline...

Tickets usually cost more in the summer. You could wait a little and see if they come down, but sometimes that backfires.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
$328 on Orbitz with your specified dates.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#5]
When checking with any of these price saver sites be sure to check on first thing wednesday morning. This is when the airlines reprice the flights to the lowest. As the flights start to fill up and the airlines see which one is more "popular" the prices for that flight will increase accordingly. So surf and buy wed morning and save a few hundred
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Patience & perserverance is how to find the hidden deals on air travel these days. $279-359 would be a pretty good rate on that flight.

Flying free is your best option. Secure a cc that gives you bonus points you can redeem for air travel.

Charge any and all bills / daily life etc you can to that credit card each and every month. Obvious no brainer - pay it off 100% in full every month to avoid any finance charges.

You will be surprised how quickly you can accumulate domestic free round trippers using this formula. I have not 'paid' for a plane ticket in 8+ years.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Im incoming
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im incoming

She's married and I thought you were engaged?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just save the money, camp at LCR and get drunk. LCR is almost like going home to Kentucky.

I won't be loosing any money either way, paid vacation and the parents are buying the plane tickets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top