Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:27:41 PM EDT
findnici.com

If you live in the Puget Sound area, you may have seen or heard about this already.

My friend Charles and his family are looking for his sister in law, his brothers wife.  She disappeared without a trace on January 28 after leaving home in Lynwood to go to a meeting at work.  The Snohomish County SO has a case open for her.  No contact since leaving home that morning, no credit or debit card purchases, no phone calls, nothing.

The family is utterly distraught.  The first people that the police question thoroughly in these cases, husband and family members, have all been ruled out as suspects. They need your help, if you can, in any way.

At the website, there is a flyer (word .doc format, working on a PDF up there soon) that can be printed out.  If you can, would you please print a few out and put some up?  The more people that know about her and her car, the better the chances of finding one or both.

Here are some photos:

Thank you in advance if you can help in any way.  I apologize in advance for bumping this post every couple of days to keep it on the first page in the WA HTF.  I'll post if I hear any news.  Maybe it can be made sticky for a little while?  If that is OK for a couple of weeks, my friend's family and I would appreciate it very much.  

Thanks again, folks.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]
FYI:  The first two photos are not working.

Trey

ETA:  Nevermind
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Seattle

You come to our town and dont even call.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
The pictures can be hit or miss.  I thought it was a problem with my internet connection (satellite), but maybe not.  I'll see about getting them on a more reliable server/connection.

Thank you for making this sticky, and thank you to everyone that is doing anything to help!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Here they are on a servers they arent going away from. Feel free to use the long ass link as needed.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Some folks out walking found her body in some brush in Burien.
Seattle King 5 Story

Thanks for the space and attention, everyone.

Please unsticky this post, OdT.  Thank you.

I never knew Nici, but this is very sad for my friend, and has left a family devastated.  Please pray for them if you will.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
 Sorry to hear about this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
that's so sad  I was watching the news this morning and watched that story and instantly thought of this post  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Dang.h

Trey
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Dang.

As much as it sucks, knowing is better than not knowing.

Trey

Yea your right
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn...

She was a pretty lady, Im sorry to hear this bad news..
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#20]
The car has also been found with stolen plates on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The car has also been found with stolen plates on it.

Sorry to hear about that :(

Also I hope they catch the asshole that did it
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#22]
This is awful, I'm sorry to hear about all this.

Hope they catch the creep responsible and send 'em to the Hell they have earned.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
that's so sad  I was watching the news this morning and watched that story and instantly thought of this post  

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Of course, the family and friends can't help but think about what might have happened to Nici.  I hope that this doesn't offend the family or her friends, but I can't help but think about whether or not she would still be alive if she had been armed and trained.

Life is cheap to too many people, folks.  Protect it for what it is worth to you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#25]
There seems to be some confusion about the car.  As of Tuesday, it has not been found.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#26]
M.E. Announces Strangulation As Cause Of Lynnwood Woman's Death

POSTED: 11:46 am PST February 8, 2006
UPDATED: 4:50 pm PST February 8, 2006

SEATTLE -- The King County Medical Examiner's Office announced Wednesday the cause of death was asphyxia due to strangulation for a Lynnwood woman whose body was found in Burien on Monday, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

Detectives with the sheriff’s office had a good idea of what killed Nicole Pietz, but would not release details untill the medical examiner's announcement, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported. A sheriff’s office representative previously said the case was being investigated as a homicide.

Detectives are interviewing people close to her and searching for her car, KIRO-TV reported.

Pietz, 32, disappeared Jan. 28 and was reported missing by her husband.

A man walking through the woods in an area of Burien spotted the body about 1 p.m. on Monday afternoon. The crime scene is in an isolated area about a quarter mile from a major intersection.

Pietz Memorial Service is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 12 at the Church of the Holy Cross Epicopal in Redmond.

Pietz's family created a Web site after her disappearance to help find her. Friends and co-workers have since been adding to the Web site's message board about gathering for support.

To the family and friends of Nicole, my deepest sympathies for your loss.  My prayers go out to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top