Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 1:20:57 PM EDT
First they try to take fluid sampes with a fine needle an then when that isn't successfull they take a core needle which is about a 10 guage needle and pull five or six samples out. The first few pokes you squirm a liitle then it's no big deal. The actual procedure is about 15 to 20 minutes but it takes two hours of waiting to get in. Go figure! Glad it's done! Party time gettin' close to the SB----Gooooo Hawks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see that you made it out OK...

That stuff sounds like it hurts.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Only the first few pokes and when they get a larger needle
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Needles ARE BAD OK Mr GIBBY
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1  Hope the results turn out in your favor!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Hope the results turn out in your favor!

Thanks! Me too
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:Best of luck to you!

Ditto!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:Best of luck to you!

Ditto!

Thanks guys

Hey Millie I hear you can stop on a dime now! New brakes Yippeee
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
First they try to take fluid sampes with a fine needle an then when that isn't successfull they take a core needle which is about a 10 guage needle and pull five or six samples out. The first few pokes you squirm a liitle then it's no big deal. The actual procedure is about 15 to 20 minutes but it takes two hours of waiting to get in. Go figure! Glad it's done! Party time gettin' close to the SB----Gooooo Hawks

I hate FNA's.  Especially since a negative doesn't mean much more than there wasn't a cancerous cell at the spot that they stuck the needle. On one of of the boards I go to, they liken it to fishing.  Just because you don't catch a fish doesn't mean they aren't in the lake.
I want to say that a negative is only like 80% accurate.  If there is some sort of surgery and removal of a tumor that is presumed to be benign, make sure that it's checked again.  That is the only real way to know for sure.
Of course, I'm only speaking from limited experience so what you had it done for could be completely accurate.  If so, just ignore my post as the ravings of a madman.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate FNA's.  Especially since a negative doesn't mean much more than there wasn't a cancerous cell at the spot that they stuck the needle. On one of of the boards I go to, they liken it to fishing.  Just because you don't catch a fish doesn't mean they aren't in the lake.
I want to say that a negative is only like 80% accurate.  If there is some sort of surgery and removal of a tumor that is presumed to be benign, make sure that it's checked again.  That is the only real way to know for sure.
Of course, I'm only speaking from limited experience so what you had it done for could be completely accurate.  If so, just ignore my post as the ravings of a madman.

Already had two removed on canerous and one benign, thought I was done with it. unlike some I'm not a quiter so no worry 'til it happens!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only the first few pokes...

That's what she said.

Not those kinda pokes you silly
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds about as much fun as having a blind date with a proctologyst!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
good luck
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Best of luck. I hope evrything turns out for the best.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That sounds about as much fun as having a blind date with a proctologyst!

I have a Vet named Dr Proctor.... Think he's in the wrong business?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top