Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 8:49:35 AM EDT
A friends house was broken into and a few of many guns were stolen. I called him to see if he was going to be home so I could come and visit him. My friend told me about being robbed and that he was supose to meet this kid to give him money to get one of the guns back, he made the mistaake of telling me where they were to meet. I couldn't let him go alone so I grabbed Focker and we armed ourselves and watched from a distance, unknowing to my friend and the thief. The problem is I recognized the kid that stole the guns.
I'll back up __ I tried to get my friend to get the police invoved and he told me he had made a report with County.  My friend tried to get hold of the officer that took the report but dispatch said he wasn't on duty. My friend didn't want to lose this gun so he decided that he would do what the thieves said just to get the gun back.
So when I realize my friend was going with no back up, incase things go wrong Foker and I decided we would go have his back or at least be able to make a call.  We saw him pass the money and tried to follow the kid to see where he was going. My friend did not get his gun but thank God he didn't do something stupid like choke the kid.
My friend was to get his gun in an hour or so when whom erver was in on it saw he had the money. As of eleven last night my friend still didn't have his gun. I told him to put my number on speed dial in case things got rough.
I checked in with him this morning he recieved his gun at 3AM and knows two of the little bast%%$#^^ that were in on it. He has a call into the officer that took the report and i'm so glad Focker and I witness the rat taking the money and his car.
Now my question to you is if you knew who stole your guns and where they lived, what would you do if county wouldn't sent an officer back out???? I know what I would do had it been my stuff
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully your friend didn't wipe the prints off.....

There is no reason why he needed to talk to the same officer.  By not involving the police while getting things back, it makes him look bad.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you read the whole thing? He did call the polise and explained what was going on dispatch said the officer that took the report was off duty and they couldn't send anyone else. They did not wipe the gun it is in the same towel they handed it to them in. The officer is on his way at this time.
Another fine example of dispatches discretion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

There is no reason why he needed to talk to the same officer.  By not involving the police while getting things back, it makes him look bad.

+1

You and your friend are morons, and the dispatcher did not say they will not send an officer, this is a recovery of a stolen firearm, with suspect information....

In fact Im calling Bullshit, and want to know the Police jurisdiction this was going on in, I want to send a copy of your story to the dispatch center and to the police/sheriffs dept.

The end of the world could be near, and all the police/dep's are tied up, but even if hell is about to freeze over, we would still have to break an officer for anything that has to do with the recovery of a stolen handgun with the suspect involved, occupied  stolen veh, or runaway kid.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You and your friend are morons, and the dispatcher did not say they will not send an officer, this is a recovery of a stolen firearm, with suspect information....

I really don't see any reason for name calling, I will say that the officer did contact him this morning and is comming to take a statement from me, this would indicate that he was telling the truth when he said he called them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Re-confirms why my firearms are locked in a GUNSAFE.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Re-confirms why my firearms are locked in a GUNSAFE.

I agree and mine are; however, it doesn't make a thief right not to.

When I talk to the officer I will ask him when the first report was taken, when he was contaced to come back out and who put in the call.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I really don't see any reason for name calling, I will say that the officer did contact him this morning and is comming to take a statement from me, this would indicate that he was telling the truth when he said he called them.

It may have, but it sure did not go down the way you are telling it, as far as the call to 9-1-1 went...

if it did, someone needs to be fired!

I will take back the moron comment, but Something is still not right here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
In the disrict we are talking about I've seen many things like this happen.  I will say because he knows who the kid is they very well could have had a proact officer on the scene and nobody knew it, since the weapon was going to be handed over at a differant location. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Stolen firearms are entered into they system as soon as the report is TAKEN, just like a stolen car.  Any officer/deputy could have handled the recovery of said weapons, not just the one who took the original report.  
Either dispatch fucked up or your friend did a lousy job explaining the situation.  You friends weapons would probably all be back if the police got involved last night and took the little bastard into custody and sweated the details out of him.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Either dispatch fucked up or your friend did a lousy job explaining the situation.  

If dispatch Fucked up (possible, but in this case unlikely, given firearms are entered into Access/Wacic/NCIC upon the report being signed) The calltaker/Dispatcher  needs to be brought into a back office and asked WTF?, Since I take about 50,000 calls for service a year, I am more prone to thinking your friend did not want the officers involved, or can not answer very simple questions.

Sorry for the moron comment, It just blows my mind what some people will do, then I have to sit back and remmemer how people really work. (myself included)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top