Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2006 3:36:12 PM EDT
Mine is the model of my first AR-15, An Oly PCR-00, got it at the WAC (traded a glock 21 and a beat up super blackhawk for it)

How bout you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big giant Bunny with a computer(and a rifle).
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple enough...my name is Justin, and I ride a 2003 R6.
I started using it on the bike boards, and just kept it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
So if this is a recycled thread, where's all the old shit, cleaned up and painted to look all purty and new?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So if this is a recycled thread, where's all the old shit, cleaned up and painted to look all purty and new?

yup...the other version was likely to get trashed, and instead of posting yet annother thread for R32 to bump when he gets bored, I just re-used one that had multiple reads but no replys.

I'm resourceful when I wanna be!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used the nic Paradox online for a very long time. I used to run a BBS back before the days of the World Wide Web. It was called HoP, House of Paradox. Now days if I sign up for a board and the nic is already in use I add 800 to it. The 800 is a bowling goal that I have yet to make.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
STRATIOTES koine greek for WARRIOR

the M-word group was also a bible study group that included the original language of the holy scriptures (koine greek).

2Tim.2

1. [3] Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good warrior (stratiotes) of Jesus Christ

nic named after that verse by team mates.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
R= Recycle

32= the amount of pages I "recycle" of PCR-00's posts to mess up everybody's active topics

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
My nick name since high school.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have used the nic Paradox online for a very long time. I used to run a BBS back before the days of the World Wide Web. It was called HoP, House of Paradox. Now days if I sign up for a board and the nic is already in use I add 800 to it. The 800 is a bowling goal that I have yet to make.  

Thread hi-jack in progress. News at 11!!!

I thought 300 was the bowling score to achieve?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I just like unicorns.  Probably the love of sci-fi and fantasy I've had since I was like six or seven.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#13]
StrkAliteN

short for: Streak A Lightnin'

I was a union electrician for quite a few years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thread hi-jack in progress. News at 11!!!

I thought 300 was the bowling score to achieve?

Yes, for one game it is. I have done that. But an 800 series for 3 games is where it's at.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
The handle of My one of My all time favorite characters from Apocalypse now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#16]
My name comes from a quote by Anthelme Brillat-Savarin.

“Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are”

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
STRATIOTES koine greek for WARRIOR

the M-word group was also a bible study group that included the original language of the holy scriptures (koine greek).

2Tim.2

1. [3] Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good warrior (stratiotes) of Jesus Christ

nic named after that verse by team mates.

Wow Strat, we are, like, totally, cosmicly connected.  My real name means "warrior"

Gunchyck is pretty self-explanatory, right?

I like guns, and I didn't want to have to keep explaining to people that I'm a girl.  (Though I find that I have to explain it anyway to some...)  And my cavalier usage of the word "chick" pisses my mother off.  I, sadistically enough, find this hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#18]
JS = My initials
98010 = A bunch of numbers the government has assigned meaning to.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]
One day a PO'd smuggler call me a Pinche' Migra Dog.

The name stuck.

Quoted:

Go BRAVES!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]
a long, long time ago, I might have inhaled
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Because Il Duce was taken and I often carry six guns at once..
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Large Marge was actually in PeeWee's Big Adventure, my brothers picked up on it and called me that from time to time.

HEY! It was better then all the others!

Plus its funny when I meet people on here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]

One of the names I used to game with.  I picked it out of thin air one day while playing Counter Strike for no other reason that it amused me at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm a big giant Bunny with a computer(and a rifle).

Where did your avitar come from? Not to be disrespectful or sassy but it doesnt exude big bunny as in fluffy and nice but rather sort of demented and wild.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
One day a PO'd smuggler call me a Pinche' Migra Dog.

The name stuck.

Quoted:

Go BRAVES!!!

Red
Red
Red

Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Rune: I am mostly Irish and I rather like Celtic runes...  75 cause I was born in well, 75.

However, if you ever see  /Rinacruinne/  around, thats prolly me also.  It is Irish Gaelic and translates to  /// Ri na cruinne ///  ~~  ///King of the world///.  I have been using that nickname on the web since, gawd... 1990.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#27]
"Trey" comes from being the youngest of three brothers.  The two deuce (which I misspelled that fateful night I signed up) was to make a play on .223.  

Trey

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#28]
mimikamimi

When my 6 year old was first speaking, "mimikamimi" was how she said mickey mouse.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#30]
A FRIEND SUGGESTED I USE A DIFFERENT SPELLING OF MY NAME WHEN I SIGNED UP TO LISTS, SO I COULD BETTER FIND OUT WHERE 'SPAM' WAS COMING FROM...MY GIVEN NAME IS CHARLES, SO AFTER USING ASLL SORTS OF DERIVATIONS OF CHARLES, (CHUCK, CHARLIE, CHAS, ETC. ) I RAN OUT AND FOR THE C&R LIST, I USED 'CARLOS'........THE OTHER NAMES/LISTS FELL BY THE WAYSIDE, AND 'CARLOS' STUCK....ONE FELLOW C&R AFFICECIANADO ADDED 'DE LA CAPLOCK' AFTER SEVERAL FLAME WARS BECAUSE IF MY TYPING IN ALL CAPS(BECAUSE I 'SEE' THEM BETTER.....) AND HERE I AM............
--CARLOS DE LA CAPLOCK
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#31]
years ago my buddy Joe called me a Landpimp, because I sell real estate......I thought it was prefect :D

I use the same on all the boards, including the Land Cruiser stuff.

If anyone knows what my avitar is I would be very suprised.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Vader = Favorite Villian (oddly enough nothing to do with the town of vader)
17= Lucky number
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Spider Ringo is my CAS handle, but already in use here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
My Scrun is Big.

One of these days will you fill me in on what a scrun is exactly?  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My Scrun is Big.

Must... resist... impulse... to post... really dirty comment!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Not that I really believe either of these is what scrun really means, but...

1. scrun  
Originated by Dafydd "pipeline" Williams of ATMOS Software Productions. scrun is a situational word that changes meaning depending on it's context. It is a usually a general exclamatory, or can be used in place of "stuff".
"I have a whole heap of scrun here."
"Scrun you, hippy!"
"I'm just scrunning about."
by Dafydd Williams Nov 30, 2003

ETA: This is specific to SCO unix IIRC

NAME
   scrun - SCore front-end process to run a user parallel program on a cluster

SYNOPSIS
   scrun [-SCoreOptions] file [program_options]

DESCRIPTION
   scrun is a front-end program for scored(8) that manages a variety of cluster resources. User programs running on a cluster must be invoked via the scrun program.

Firstly, scrun invokes the user program, specified by file, on the host where scrun was executed. This is done in such a way to get the required resource information. Then, scrun tries to login to scored. After login, scrun becomes a front-end process in order to control job status of the user program running on the cluster. When the user program finishes, scrun also terminates.

Valid arguments to scrun could be SCore options. The options are various resource specifications to SCore-D and/or options for language runtime systems on which user programs rely. In this manual page, only SCore-D options are described. The language system options must be consulted where those systems are installed.

If the first argument of scrun does not begin with the minus (-) character, or the third argument when SCore options are specified, then the next argument must be the filename of the program to be executed on the cluster. The specified executable file is copied and then invoked by scored on all allocated nodes in the cluster. Arguments following the filename are passed to the invocation of the executable file on all nodes.

The executable file must have read permission so that scrun can read the file and copy it to cluster nodes. The file must also be an executable file on the host where scrun is invoked, so that scrun can execute the file to get resource information.

The scrun program can also submit a parallel job to cluster hosts which have a different OS and/or CPU from the host where scrun is invoked. In this case, at least two executable files must be present, one for the scrun local invocation, and another for cluster execution. To allow for this situation, the executable files must be compiled with the SCore smake(1) or Hmake(1) commands (not make or gmake). In this case, the executable file must be a symbolic link to the .wrapper script which will be automatically created by the smake or Hmake command. It is the users responsibility to have consistent heterogeneous executable files compiled from the same source code.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Uhh..

My name is jonathon..
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My Scrun is Big.

Must... resist... impulse... to post... really dirty comment!!!!

Thank You, I tend to walk into things like that!  

I just figure I should know what a scrun is if I'm going to be married to a big one........
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#41]
"Cyclic240B" should be obvious to his crowd. But to break it down, "Cyclic" refers to my days as a Machinegunner in the Army. "240B" is a reference to one of the machineguns that I carried, the M240B. So given an M240B, a position about to be overrun that most likely has you at your FPL, or "Final Protective Fire", and a crap load of ammo linked, it is the maximum rate of fire that the weapon is capable of firing with the trigger constantly held back.

You have mulitple rates of fire that the situation usually determines for you. Those being "sustained", "rapid", and "cyclic". An M240B's was/is;

* Sustained: 100 rpm "Normal"
* Rapid: 200 rpm "Contested"
* Cyclic: 650-950 rpm "SHTF"

The 650-950rpm figure of "cyclic" is also based on what the gas regulator on the barrel is set at. The "240" has three settings to compensate for carbon buildup, and the resulting rate of fire slowing down during lots of firing. But given a clean weapon, and putting the knob on the highest setting, that baby will spit out the bullets at 950rpm. But doing so will usually get you a swift kick in the ass by the NCO running the Support by Fire. So when in Rome.....

And there you have it....

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#42]
being of Irish lineage I went with a Gaelic word that sounded unique and had a meaning that related to shooting.

SCRIOS

definition... vt destroy; n destruction m; vt devastate,  delete,  demolish; vt erase; n havoc m; n ruin m,  shatter; vt (COMPUT) zap;
usage... scrios to delete;

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#43]
You gotta earn it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not that I really believe either of these is what scrun really means, but...

Not even a little bit.

Yeah, I had that pretty much figured from the beginning, but sometimes even a shot in the dark hits something. I initially that your name was BigSCRUM. Which knowing you kinda' actually fits. But then I got to thinking your a typical American and don't really know what rugby is much less the scrum so...it all went bad visually from there and I quit thinking about it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I was a party at the compound (skillets house) like any other party lots of booze lots of people and then there was me! Friends brought some moose jerky from Alaska for us and i got my grub on and a vegan we knew said "How gross" I smiled and she left. As i continued to consume the jerky and drinking my beer I proceeded to the front porch to hang out with the crowd. She (the vegan) turned around and said geez I came out here to get away from that and I for some reason made a loud call of a moose at her and Scrun called out EREX! And we all laughed and from there on Ive been known as Erex...of corse theres a pitch that the guys would joke about id take on anything living with my fal including a T-Rex ha ha and i would still make dinner out of one!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#48]
yeah we had some good times
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Winchester 22 WRF  Model 61, my first rifle when I was 7 the stock was short enough I could reach the trigger and I still have it. I'm the second owner.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#50]
2 reasons for my handle. 1) I carry a browning Hi-power 9mm. 2) A patient a long time ago called me Millicent ( I adopted the name for my evil twin, we all have one of those). He couldn't remember my real name but called me that every time. Thus...9Millie
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top