Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 9:59:29 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=432283
Complete with a volunteer rescue team

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad he hasnt done an LCR, chances would increase drastically one of us would have a number on him.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Too bad he hasnt done an LCR Washington shoot, chances would increase drastically one of us would have a number on him.

Phone trees are a necessity but we are all guilty of not maintaining them.

No one person needs a master list but a few with sublists at least provides for some emergency communications.

not everybody has broad band radios but I bet there are enough of us that do we could communicate in an emergancy on HF.

We can recover lost ground, lost time never !
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too bad he hasnt done an LCR Washington shoot, chances would increase drastically one of us would have a number on him.

No one person needs a master list but a few with sublists at least provides for some emergency communications.

not everybody has broad band radios but I bet there are enough of us that do we could communicate in an emergancy on HF.

This also gets us back to a topic that was visited,  Myself,CavVet,Tumbleweed,and KA3B talked face to face about...

2M/440 duelband Ham rigs...

BTW: STRAT, Dont think you would  be getting out of this, I would be at your door on the way to North Bend.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTW: STRAT, Dont think you would not be getting out of this, I would be at your door on the way to North Bend.

You could slap a plow on his SHTF dump truck and they would think you were D.O.T. and wave you through!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTW: STRAT, Dont think you would not be getting out of this, I would be at your door on the way to North Bend.

You could slap a plow on his SHTF dump truck and they would think you were D.O.T. and wave you through!

Ya know...

There is prob more to that then you think.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Cav, you have my number and if you need me, I have Monday off.

I also have a Jeep and credentials.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I know the secret way through the mountains but we need snowmobiles or expect a 60 mile snowshoe hike.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cav, you have my number and if you need me, I have Monday off.

I also have a Jeep and credentials.

that would be classic!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

we need snowmobiles or expect a 60 mile snowshoe hike.

Im pretty sure I could make that work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
woo hoo....I made it off that soneofa bitch! Sorry I havent been able to post sooner, I was driving and didnt want to stop for fear it would get worse.

Anyways, lol at the webcam pic. That is so funny, it probably is me in the pic although there were some other cars though that were in similar situations.

The tow truck arrived and hooked me up and pulled me to the top, then I had to drive down. Its a hell of alot easier when you have gravity on your side to get though the snow.  

Im kinda scatter brained right now, after sitting in a damn car for ten or eleven hours.

I did manage to help some others when I was up there. I helped put chains on a few cars. I pushed out 4 cars to get them on their way...otherwise the plows couldnt make it through. Lent my LED flashlight to a few folks.

Im suprised that the initial post even made it though. The cellular bars were fluctuting from zero to one bars, it was real spotty because of the storm....but my little old post made it through ok.

Thanks fro all the help!, i'll have to take a few minutes to read them all.  I did learn that a storm can come down right on top of you and basically own you, I also learned that most motorists dont help each other out, might be a Seattle thing. I also learned that having a good flashlight makes the world a lot brighter when you need it, also having a carry pistol helps you have piece of mind in a shitty situation.

I gotta get some rest now , thanks for all the help again. Arfcom rulez  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Good, now I can goto bed...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Actually I know the secret way through the mountains but we need snowmobiles or expect a 60 mile snowshoe hike.

We only did 25 mile force marches back when I was in the Army. And that was in the heat. I am 387 years older now, and 2.9 tons heavier.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This also gets us back to a topic that was visited,  Myself,CavVet,Tumbleweed,and KA3B talked face to face about...

2M/440 duelband Ham rigs...

BTW: STRAT, Dont think you would  be getting out of this, I would be at your door on the way to North Bend.

FWIW,  Tweak and I took a No-Code Tech class a decade ago.  I don't know if Tweak had a chance to renew is ticket what with all the other stuff going on, but I'm current.  

I have just a plain ol' Icom 2M rig, but have been eyeing a dual bander.

A bit of a fantasy, but it would be kinda cool to have a WAHTF repeater.  

Trey

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear you made it OK GasPain....

...and for general consumption, for ALL WAHTF's or other ARFCOMmers rolling thru WARFCOM territory- If ya post that you're in a bit of distress, a bit of contact info would be of great help. Last kknown direction, approximate locations, cell number....ect.

Then maybe CavVet won't have to wake up my wife at 2230 on a Sunday. (Don't sweat it, she mentioned this morning that she thought it was pretty cool how we look after one another...)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#15]
edited
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I have snowshoes and all gear for a winter rescue.  (60 mile hike LOL!) Also have a no-code tech license and radio, although it doesnt see much use.  I have credentials, as well.

I have only met Da Bunny, hopefully I can meet other member and make it to a shoot soon.  If I can ever help another ARFCOM'er out let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top