Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:24:17 PM EDT
and not getin' as my uncle always says. If it was easy it would be called gettin', I flew 2800 miles and hauled my ass all over the S.E. Alabama woodlands and did not fire one shot, not a pig or deer even knew I was there, has anyone ever been so stumped in a place where the bag limit is two per day either sex for three months, shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow...that is unusual! Is this a matter of seeing game but just not having a shot or did you not see anything? If the later Im very surprised. The bright side is that you walked some nice ground! I like that part of AL very much.

ETA: I was poking around Chickamauga (N GA) this last Nov and saw more deer than you could shake a stick at! They were thick as leaves in those woods and very easy to spot. I know this isnt remotely close to where you hunted in AL but I would think there would be even more in the area you hunted.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear it. With hunting, I always say, "Anything can happen, and it usually does!".

You bet!! Some years ago I was scouting deer and all I saw were turkeys (everywhere), not a deer or trace of one.  When I got back to the truck that evening there must have been 20 turkeys around it! The day I went out for turkey all I saw were deer and not one turkey. At least the walk thru the woods was nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I did not even see one deer although I also could have bagged a few turkeys, the general consensus was that it was unusually hot for January and the deer don't move much in the daytime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top