Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 5:43:31 PM EDT
He is no angel, neither am I.  
OdT if this rambles on too much, just kill it.  Otherwise let them flame me, I'm a big boy.
I am not writing this to elicit sympathy for, or from any one involved.  I don't need it.
I have known him for somewhere around 37 years, since early 1969.
Some of you may know facets of him better than I, some think they do, some don’t know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.  
The world goes around.
There have been many positive posts on several web sites from people who know him.
Some good friends of his have taken the attacks on him and his character personally.  Thank you for sticking up for him.  I follow Tweak's advice, ‘don’t feed the trolls’.
I understand negative posts, you are entitled to your opinion, it is the USA.
Personal attacks are what happens when you lose a discussion.
He is a fiercely independent individual.  As in, I would rather do it my damn self.  I have no idea where he got that.
He understands what happened and knows he must do the punishment, I agree.  This is what has been assessed, fair or not.  
Details are of no importance at this time, and will not be divulged by me.  I only know what he and 9Millie have told me, I was not there.  They have no reason to not tell me the truth.
Enough information has been presented and people have made up their minds, some more informed than others.
What the prosecutor wanted him to plead to initially was more time than this sentence if I remember correctly.  We thought a trial would net him 9 months.  If you read some of his last posts you see he says ‘see you before 2007’.
He had a court appointed attorney because that was what he could afford.  I offered to help pay for another but he said it was under control, see above independent.
Regretfully, I and others thought so too.  
Also note he never asked any friends for help that I am aware of, other than references.  I would be surprised if they didn't volunteer without being asked.  
He did a lot of research on drug interactions and had an expert witness lined up to testify, along with numerous character references.  I know and you know who you are, and I thank you for trying.
The expert witness decided not to testify, claiming the reaction is rare and he couldn’t be sure that is what caused the incident.  This, after the prosecutor talked to him (the expert)?
Tweak tells me he doesn’t remember anything after about 11 pm, shortly after taking his new meds the VA prescribed.  The next he remembers is, he was at his computer in the bedroom and LEOs in the living room.
9Millie told me whatever happened; it was not him doing it.  She had never seen him act anything like that.  I have never seen him violent, and I have seen him mad.  She called me in tears, scared for him, and said immediately after it happened Tweak broke down and said ‘Oh my God what have I done’.  
Of no importance at this point.
I do not think anyone was physically injured, but the presence of a teenager and a firearm is what makes it more serious.  
I am not dismissing what happened.
9Millie and Tweak got the local RO between them lifted and the judge said ‘I can see you are not a danger to each other’.
This is a life altering event for many concerned, too many to list.
My personal opinion is the sentence is retaliation for not pleading guilty to all the charges initially and forcing a trial.  I thought 9 months was a lot, and it stopped my heart to get the phone call from 9Millie.    41 MONTHS    DAYUM
He will survive whatever life throws his way.  
He will be a changed man..  Better? Maybe   Angry? Maybe  Tweak? Always  
He is a product of a nasty divorce.  His mother and I fought continually, hard and bitter, for 16 years until he went in the service.  I tried not to use him or turn him against her, sadly it was not the same for her.  It took he and I several years to dig our way out of that hole.  He survived that war.  He survived Panama.  He survived his own divorce.  He will survive this.
No excuses.
He has 4 wonderful children and a woman who loves him enough to stand by him.  His father and stepmother will stand beside him forever.  
I have not spoken to his mother.  I’m depressed enough already.  I don’t care.
To those of you who think:
He got what he deserved.
He should have gotten more time.
Make an example of him.
Justice triumphed.
                                          You have not walked in our shoes.
To those of you he has touched, he loves working on ARs and helping new shooters and it is something he is good at.  He even showed the old man a thing or two.  I am afraid that path may now end or at least be severely altered.  
To those of you who have offered a job, a place to stay, financial help, legal (and illegal) advice, emotional support, thank you.  You will probably have to force it on him.  He has never asked me for money, but always accepted it.
We will try to do the best we can for him under the circumstances.
To those of you who have made personal attacks on him, and on 9Millie, I am reminded of an old saying---
                  Take a horizontal airborne intercourse at a rolling perforated pastry.
Let’s be careful out there kids, it could/did happen to you.
Please hoist a drink and burn a mag for Tweak at LCR.  He will be back.   He's just gone for awhile, let's don't make this a wake.
I will be at M's house Monday night and hope to get a chance to talk to him as it will probably be a year before I get another chance.
Time off for good behaviour, who knows.
What do I know, I’m just ‘pops’.
P.S. BigScrun, thanks for the photo, I had forgotten about that one.  To others, thanks for the memories, post away he would enjoy it.
I'll be around.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I love you too Dale and May. Looking forward to seeing you both. Any that want to drop by and meet you, say 'hi', feel free to do so.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I have to keep reminding myself to quit acting like this is a wake as well.  He'll be back!

Thats all the pics I could find.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The other day, when I was telling someone about the gist of the happenings, and they asked me about Rob, who come this late Spring/Early Summer I will have known for 6 years, one of the things I said was he always seemed to give, but never asked.

Hurry back ya friggin midget.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I will miss the mall ninja! Can wait to see him again! M please make sure and send some love from Marge his way.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll miss him, he is always interesting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
one more sent to me via Marge (she doesn't know how to use the internet yet)

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think that could have been said any better Pops!  This is not a good bye to Tweak, but a "see ya in a bit"  just keep that in mind, and just write him lots and lots of letters....

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm lucky enough to know Tweak since high school.  I'm confident his sentence will be harder on us than on him.  MSKOOTER is right:  this ain't goodbye, just "see you in a few."

If it helps, my brother did the better part of five long in a federal penitentary and came out just fine.  

Trey

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Sir,

There is not much that I can say.  

Except that I can't wait till he is able to breath the fresh air of freedom once again.

James

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sir,
There is not much that I can say.  
Except that I can't wait till he is able to breath the fresh air of freedom once again.
James

AMEN!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would really like to know about the possibility of requesting a retrial. There has to be a loop hole, Christ there is a million loopholes for child molestors and rapists there has to be a loophole. I have a very good lawyer that I have know for years and has helped myself and brother out, when we have gotten in trouble. My brother got into gun trouble and he helped him out. a $10,000.00 legal defense with proper expert witnesses is not alot when you have 150+ members offering financial help. This is something that needs to be looked into. I know he plead guilty, but it seems he plead guilty for the wrong reasons. Again, there has to be loophole.

I will be contacting my attorney in the morning and asking him to do some research, on my dime. Michelle, there has to be another option. If Tweak is guilty then so be it, but damn. 3.5 years? I can kill someone with my car and get less than that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top