Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 12:50:52 AM EDT
So would anyone be interested in mounting a FF rail on my LE6920 and letting me watch so I can gain some knowledge. I am a "poor college student" but would be able to maybe provide some beer or cash compensation in the name of educating the youth

If not maybe providing me some info with a smith that you would trust your rifle with.

I'll be traveling from the dry side/snowy side to Seattle, so if anyone is around that area or even here on the dry side....Please let me know......

Thank You All........And Send some RAIN this way so we can get more snow!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of rail? I might be able to help you out this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#2]
LaRue 7.0

Where are you located? It might not be this weekend....im just planning ahead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll never learn if you don't do it yourself. That said, and no I am not being a wiseass , look up the LaRue forearm installing tutorial posted here at ARFCOM somewhere, print it out, and you can come use all my AR-Tools etc. in the shop to mount it, any day you want. It is not too hard a process and it could be a good learning experience for you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You'll never learn if you don't do it yourself. That said, and no I am not being a wiseass , look up the LaRue forearm installing tutorial posted here at ARFCOM somewhere, print it out, and you can come use all my AR-Tools etc. in the shop to mount it, any day you want. It is not too hard a process and it could be a good learning experience for you.

haha i dont think your a wiseass, in fact i have read the installing tutorial on the LaRue website done be the same member who did a bunch of other tuorials on other things. It really doesn't seem like it is all the difficult, but i could be wrong. And i would love to learn how to do it, but like you figured out....i am a college student, and dont have the tools to do any work on an AR, pretty lame i know. I just learned how to cook easy-mac yesterday (jk) Anyways, with that said, I really appreciate your offer in letting me use your AR tools, but wonder if you would also be able to kinda watch over me to make sure i really dont F things up! haha

Where are you located?

Also, Thank you very much for the offer!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the Eatonville area Sir, south Pierce County right off SR7. As for watching over your work, no problem.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Well it looks like i may be waiting a little while, I guess i should have had a FF Rail before i asked the question. I just got off the phone with LaRue and they are out for about 3 weeks!

So now maybe the question to ask is, anyone know where i can pick one up local?

<---- Amature!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The LaRue installs fairly easily, I've installed a few myself. A vise on a sturdy bench, reciever block, barrel nut wrench, and a 1/2" drive torque wrench are the major tools. You'll need to remove the flash supressor and front site block first. Knocking the pins out of the FSB will be the toughest part.

I'm in the Everett area. Next weekend the 27th is LCR so I won't be home. Any other day is fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll attest that Tumbleweed is an acomplished builder of AR's. I've seen his work/own his work. If you want to learn, then opprotunity is knocking.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll attest that Tumbleweed is an acomplished builder of AR's. I've seen his work/own his work. If you want to learn, then opprotunity is knocking.

Thank you, haha i didnt want to ask about anyone that has offered to help me out, I figured someone might have IM'd me and told me if someone wasn't all the great. But its nice to hear of people vouching for other peoples work.

Im trying really hard to get this FF ASAP, but it seems like everyone doesnt have them in stock
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Good luck finding a 7.0, looks like everyone is out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya I know, i've tried every where.......Dont suppose there will be one at the WAC show.

How did you know everyone is out.....are you also looking for one?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
There are a few vendors who support this site and carry LaRue products. MSTN and G&R Tactical are two off the top of my head and their web sites show the item on backorder.

I seriously doubt you will find one at a gunshow or local store. If you really want one contact MSTN or G&R and get on their waiting list. Also keep an eye on EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top