Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 2:03:15 PM EDT
To take a nap?  I seem to want to nap more than the kids do  I just don't get it, is it all these rainy days?  I just don't understand why I am so tired all the damn time!  Poll ahead...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ideally early to bed early to rise is most healthy but when circumstances dictate being up taking care of things in the wee hours of the morning and the like then naps work wonders for health and morale.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a nice lil nap during the Seahawks game on Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you having problems sleeping?  Is it possible that you have a sleeping disorder?  I used to get tired all the time untill I started using a CPAP.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Wasn't it you the Dr called middlle age? If so you can nap. You can just blame the Dr.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you having problems sleeping?  Is it possible that you have a sleeping disorder?  I used to get tired all the time untill I started using a CPAP.

www.bestsyndication.com/2005/Dan-WILSON/Health/09/images/091605-mirage-activa-mask.jpg www.jamhosp.com/serendipity/uploads/Pix/cpap.jpg

Those things work really good if you have a bottle of Nitrous Oxide to plug into it!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Same CPAP I use since finding out that I have sleep apnia.  Use the nasal pillows though instead of a mask.  Before I started using it I was always falling asleep in the afternoon, or at least trying to.  Feel much better now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.bestsyndication.com/2005/Dan-WILSON/Health/09/images/091605-mirage-activa-mask.jpg www.jamhosp.com/serendipity/uploads/Pix/cpap.jpg

Those things work really good if you have a bottle of Nitrous Oxide to plug into it!

Sweet!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Sleep.  It's good for you and it's free.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, I took about a half hour nap sitting in front of the computer (Had I laid down it would have been MUCH longer) and feel 100% better.  dinner is almost ready...and it smells GREAT!  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Naps are serious gung fu.

I used to travel, a lot.

Japan 6 x year, NYC/DC 6, Europe 4-6, LA every other week. I'd travel to spend 4 days arguing with large company (as in billion) dollar execs over "stuff". 100 people in a room, a sea of suits.

Get up at 8, start arguing at 9, argue until 6. Everyone but me then hit the bar - I always napped from 5:15 to 7:00, then hit the bar, then did a big group dinner about 9.

At 11 most people were dead on their feet, yet I was strangely alert. Hit another bar - buy drinks. More often then not, in the morning they'd look like the walking dead. Made the morning's arguments real pushovers.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I was never able to take naps, until I had kids.
Kid goes down for a nap..so do you.Iif you want to keep your sanity, anyway.
Of my 3, two are too old to nap, and my daughter takes them irregularly now, but I still enjoy one now and then.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Just like daycare and preschool, I think nap time should be manditory at work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just like daycare and preschool, I think nap time should be manditory at work.

They are at my job, you need a new line of work.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I used to travel, a lot.

Japan 6 x year, NYC/DC 6, Europe 4-6, LA every other week. I'd travel to spend 4 days arguing with large company (as in billion) dollar execs over "stuff". 100 people in a room, a sea of suits.

Get up at 8, start arguing at 9, argue until 6. Everyone but me then hit the bar - I always napped from 5:15 to 7:00, then hit the bar, then did a big group dinner about 9.

At 11 most people were dead on their feet, yet I was strangely alert. Hit another bar - buy drinks. More often then not, in the morning they'd look like the walking dead. Made the morning's arguments real pushovers.

Same here, I'd be travelling through Europe doing trade shows, and visiting factories and customers. A good nap was essential. Even a 20 minute cat nap was a big help.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Kinda funny...

As a kid, I would fight kicking and crying NOT to take a nap.

Now I would give my left nut to be able to take one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Kinda funny...

Maybe that's why Koter gave his...so MrsK could nap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kinda funny...

Maybe that's why Koter gave his...so MrsK could nap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top