Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 1:44:39 PM EDT
Did anyone who was out in shooting in Granite Falls today (Sunday) happen to find a POF MP-5 magazine? I seem to have lost one, while out there.

Thanks,

~Icarus
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry no.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not even know there was an MP5 there..

Sorry I did not see it, and KA3B and I were the last ones out...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Thats why it always pays not to be on the far end. Hopefully by setting up close to the door someone else sees what you drop/forget, and I always police my personal area, thats a long ass way back up there for something the Clampetts have shot up.

Sorry man.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
the far end is my playground! :)  I was up there today about 2PM to 4PM doing some practice.  After I finished I started retrieving my brass...and it appeared somone else left a bunch of 45ACP brass on the ground...so I started picking that  up too.

I covered the ground along the fallen tree out to the berm pretty good and didn't come upon any left magazines.  So I'm guessing either you hid it really well....or someone else got themselves a nice new toy to play with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, after going 60+ miles out of my way to look for it again, it turned out not to be there. It's a bummer too... I only owned 2 mags to begin with, so now I'm down to only one.

Welp, lesson learned.

Thanks,

~Icarus
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, after going 60+ miles out of my way to look for it again, it turned out not to be there. It's a bummer too... I only owned 2 mags to begin with, so now I'm down to only one.

Welp, lesson learned.

Thanks,

~Icarus

Use the IM button next time, Im 20 min's from there, and DaBunny is 10.

Sorry to hear ya  cant find your mag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Use the IM button next time, Im 20 min's from there, and DaBunny is 10.

Sorry to hear ya  cant find your mag.

Thanks. If I have my way, there won't be a next time.

It was quite fun to get out there and shoot, though.

~Icarus
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

~Icarus

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I was up right after Vapors and lost a grip screw and a washer on the ground. I covered a lot of area rooting through the crud , no mag, no screw. There were a lot of Bubba's who didn't know how to shoot. The herd probably stomped my screw into the ground and are probably trying to use their new 10/22 mag right now
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Upon further review, my Garand lost the front stacking thingy off of it yesterday.

Oh well, like General MacArthur, I shall return! Damnit!!!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Icarus

I meant there won't be a next time that I have to drive out there to look for something I left behind. I intend to follow my instincts, when I find myself thinking, 'I'm forgetting something, something is going to be left behind."

I'll also be following my regular clean-up procedure, and carefully checking inventory and the area before I leave. Though, I'll have to work on being less distracted by the wife, who wasn't feeling well when we left.

Thanks for inviting us to Razzal's, Cav. We thought we might make it over, but the wife needed to go home.

I'm looking forward to the next trip out there.

~Icarus
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#12]
What kind of Bizarro world luck did we all get nailed with yesterday? First nice day in a looooong time and shit goes to pieces. My lesson learned is to never go up without a tarp again. Makes for a quick visual once over when it's time to go and also keeps the Bubbas and Clampetts a ways away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was up right after Vapors and lost a grip screw and a washer on the ground. I covered a lot of area rooting through the crud , no mag, no screw. There were a lot of Bubba's who didn't know how to shoot. The herd probably stomped my screw into the ground and are probably trying to use their new 10/22 mag right now

You and Vapors have bigger balls than me. I used to shoot up there solo, but have just seen too much bs from the Clampetts to do that anymore.

I get a couple guys from here on a group shoot, and we take over the pit.

Yesterday when we called a cease fire, they had no problem going along with it. I like that safety and security of a controlled range atmosphere. Not to mention I like to hide behind bunny when they shoot rifles at the rock from 5 feet away.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and Vapors have bigger balls than me. I used to shoot up there solo, but have just seen too much bs from the Clampetts to do that anymore.

I get a couple guys from here on a group shoot, and we take over the pit.

Yesterday when we called a cease fire, they had no problem going along with it. I like that safety and security of a controlled range atmosphere. Not to mention I like to hide behind bunny when they shoot rifles at the rock from 5 feet away.

What are Bubbas and Clampetts?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You and Vapors have bigger balls than me....

I just dazzle 'em with my shooting talents....after that ... no one messes with me ..... or talks to me! except for the few times I get asked "are you a cop?"
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and Vapors have bigger balls than me....

I just dazzle 'em with my shooting talents....after that ... no one messes with me ..... or talks to me! except for the few times I get asked "are you a cop?"

That's the truth. It's pretty cool to watch everyone just stop and watch the double taps

The boy and I just: a. never go downrange, we shoot whatever is there already
                                b. always have at least one cocked and locked between us
                                c. never run out of ammo, always keep at least one mag loaded for leaving
                                d. always outgun and outshoot the locals
                                e. watch those fuckers like hawks in an obvious way
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That's the truth. It's pretty cool to watch everyone just stop and watch the double taps

The boy and I just: a. never go downrange, we shoot whatever is there already
                                b. always have at least one cocked and locked between us
                                c. never run out of ammo, always keep at least one mag loaded for leaving
                                d. always outgun and outshoot the locals
                                e. watch those fuckers like hawks in an obvious way

I do all of the above with the group. The Clampett-fu, and my paranoia is just too strong.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top