Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:48:41 PM EDT
I've been slowly gathering up tools and parts so I can start rebuilding the Scout. I'm not going to restore it to original, but going to fix it up how I want it. Starting tomorrow morning I'm going to start tearing it apart. I have no idea how long it will take, could be months could be years. I don't plan on working on it non-stop. Just a little here and there. When I am done it will have gone from this

To This

Ok, maybe not. Still have more stuff I need to get before it is completed. But I can start cutting out the rust and prepping it for new metal to be welded in. Wish me luck
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone needs their ass whipped for phucking up aperfectly good Scout like that.

And tell MsK to get her ass out there and water those dead plants.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You just made my wife cry....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You just made my wife cry....

This will make up for it. Here's a pic of the SUPER rare Shawnee Hurst Scout

Or how about this

Prototype Scout III

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn't you pull it off the drive into the grass first? Got cinder blocks?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Gonna need a lot of cans of this....

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Someone needs their ass whipped for phucking up aperfectly good Scout like that.

And tell MsK to get her ass out there and water those dead plants.

It's easier to kill 'em then dig 'em up.  They were ugly flowers anyway.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I started the demolition today. Everything was going great, until I poked a hole in my gas tank with the air chisel. Oops Should have taken it off first thing, but decided I'll try to work around it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Mrs R32 here,

QUIT MESSING AROUND WITH IT!!!....

Just restore it , give it a 3" lift and slightly bigger tires....

NO FLAMES!, NO FUNKY MUFFLERS, NO FUZZY SEAT COVERS....

Just leave it!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That was exactly my first thought. What a waste of a perfectly good scout.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I started the demolition today. Everything was going great, until I poked a hole in my gas tank with the air chisel. Oops Should have taken it off first thing, but decided I'll try to work around it.

KA - BANG!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Mrs R32 here,

QUIT MESSING AROUND WITH IT!!!....

Just restore it , give it a 3" lift and slightly bigger tires....

NO FLAMES!, NO FUNKY MUFFLERS, NO FUZZY SEAT COVERS....

Just leave it!

That is basically all I am going to do with it. 3" lift, probably 33" tires. But I have to get rid of all the rust first. The rear bed floor has to be replaced as it is almost rusted away. I haven't decided what color I am going to paint it but it will be a solid color(although I may have the top a different color than the body, haven't decided yet). No flames I promise.

As for seat covers, I saw a scout that had seats out of a harley edition ford truck. Black leather seats with heaters in them.........that would rock!!!! Plus I am going to install power windows and fuel inject it(one day). BUt that is all WAY down the road. Getting rid of all rust is my current project for my baby.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife loves Scout's, If she had it her way you would paint it Orange with the black top.

Maybe my next wife will be into Jeep's
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My wife loves Scout's, If she had it her way you would paint it Orange with the black top.

Interested in a trade? How well does yours cook?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Minecooksgreat!dontcarehowyour'scooks!DEAL!

BTW: you have to take the 68 Mustang out of my shop within 30 mins of the trade.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Your only choice.....

The body is a 1973 Jeep Commando, the frame is 1980 Scout 2, the engine is a built 400ci Chev Small Block, transmission is a Muncie 465, transfer case is a Rockwell, front axle is a Dana 60 with Detroit Locker, rear axle is a coustom built Dana 70 with locked spider gears, running 5.89 gears in the axles with disk brakes all around, the tires are 44 inch Monster Mudders.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Minecooksgreat!dontcarehowyour'scooks!DEAL!

BTW: you have to take the 68 Mustang out of my shop within 30 mins of the trade.

You guys are BAAAAADDDD!!!!!

Everyone here has it all mixed up I have heard the term "perfectly good scout" too many times not to correct it.  There is NO SUCH THING!  BTW---I LOVE JEEPS  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Your only choice.....

mr-cob.smugmug.com/photos/1680517-M.jpg

The body is a 1973 Jeep Commando, the frame is 1980 Scout 2, the engine is a built 400ci Chev Small Block, transmission is a Muncie 465, transfer case is a Rockwell, front axle is a Dana 60 with Detroit Locker, rear axle is a coustom built Dana 70 with locked spider gears, running 5.89 gears in the axles with disk brakes all around, the tires are 44 inch Monster Mudders.

Damn, that aint no Nissan!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
take the 68 Mustang out of my shop

Keep talking.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
OK now you got me going. I had one of the early Scouts back in the 80's. There is still parts laying around here some where. I guess I will have to dig them out and start building one. The Scout is one of the best little 4X4's ever made. I loved mine. It went through 3 feet of snow one year here. It went through mud and all here. It is time to look for the pieces to biuld one again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
OK now you got me going. I had one of the early Scouts back in the 80's. There is still parts laying around here some where. I guess I will have to dig them out and start building one. The Scout is one of the best little 4X4's ever made. I loved mine. It went through 3 feet of snow one year here. It went through mud and all here. It is time to look for the pieces to biuld one again.

I know where you can get one REAL cheap...

we just have to wait until Kooter goes to work
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
take the 68 Mustang out of my shop

Keep talking.....

Your right, Maybe you should throw in John Deere hat that I can wear when shooting my IH Garand.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Just make it easy on yourself, send all parts to me
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#24]
It's coming along nicely. I'll spend an hour or so at a time working on it. Got 95% of the bed cut out. Now I have to clean up the parts along the edges I couldn't chisel out(without breaking something else).

It went from this

To this

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:54:26 AM EDT
[#25]
what do you call a P.O.S. in a dress?  
A P.O.S. still.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top