Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 6:44:21 AM EDT
The local news said y'all have been faced with 24 straight days of rain, and the ensuing flooding is causing major property damage and the risk of lives being lost is increasing.  

So I just wanted to let you know I am in prayer for you folks, and if you need to bug out for a little while my home is open to you and your family.  I mean that.  I have a 30' by 30' room downstairs you are welcome to borrow until you can get things back together up there.

Whatever you do, stay safe!  Remember, property can be replaced, lives cannot be.  

If there is anything we can do to help, don't be afraid to shoot me a PM, ok?  Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It rains up here?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, the local media made it sound like a national catastrophe that was certain to wipe WA out of existance.  Not being there personally to base the current weather on personal experience, I thought I'd offer prayers and a place to stay if anyone needs it.

You gotta understand, I'm an AZ dog.  We haven't had a drop of rain in 80-something days, so 24 straight day of rain would be like a flood emergency here, LOL.  The media coverage included the drama pictures of houses flooded like Katrina executed a left face and went right to WA, so I just wanted to voice support.

It might seem trivial to y'all who are used to this type of weather, but I bought into the drama and was concerned about our WA members here.  Apparently that was unfounded, but I didn't realize it at the time and my intent was only meant to be helpful.  

Stay safe, folks, and use LOTS of oil in all that moisture!  

Richard
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As a matter of fact what ever you did is working!

I just looked outside and the skies have parted and the sun is shining, not sure when the last time I saw blue sky was.

Think October
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wasn't trying to trivialize your post at all.  If it was taken that way I appologize.

It has rained A LOT even by our standards but, it is not on the level it has been in the past.  If it keeps up like they are predicting, things will probably change for the worse.

No, no, I didn't take it that way.  I elaborated only because I realized your weather as reported by my local news would seem much more dramatic given the fact our demographics are so different in weather patterns.  I'm sure your local media reports 110 degrees in Phoenix as a severe heat wave destined to kill millions...  While we are BBQing with a cold beer and touching up our tans!  110 is nothing here, where 120 is one of those, "Damn, better get some more water" days.  

I just realized I had bought into the constant media melodramatics, and wanted to reason out my original post.  But still, there may be some there who get hit hard, and so I'd like to keep the thread open in case anyone needs a place to crash while they pick up the pieces - never know when the weather is going to turn really ugly and wipe someone's house out (praying that doesn't happen!).

Besides, you WA folks could use a vacation here to get that pasty white color off of your skin with this thing we like to call "the sun."  

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It rains up here?

Repeat after me; "It rains ALL of the time."

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Besides, you WA folks could use a vacation here to get that pasty white color off of your skin with this thing we like to call "the sun."  

Many Washingtonians go straight from white to red to melanoma with no browning in between.

Trey

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just looked outside and the skies have parted and the sun is shining, not sure when the last time I saw blue sky was.

Think October

Oh come on now.  That cold couple of weeks we had back in December was pretty clear for the most part.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My basement is flooding.....

I've about a 1/2 Inch.  My neighboor has about six inches, constantly, and he's got a sump pump running full time.

My offer is open, even for staff I suppose

EDIT  

I forgot I was an AZ guy and subject to lock without clear annotation of kidding

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've about a 1/2 Inch.  My neighboor has about six inches, constantly, and he's got a sump pump running full time.

Your trailer has a basement?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, you stack two on top of each other and I suppose one could call the lower one a basement.  Or claaim a two-story.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Never knew my horses could swim so well, they think they are sea horses.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your wife calls it her dungeon.  You should see the pictures!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's been long enough that the solar powered radar sign by my house no longer works.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Isn't this weather SOP until May?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thanks for the invite..........Do you happen to have a local range as well.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Richard!

It's not too bad, though the ground is real soggy!

Lot of rivers are high, but not to the point where it'll effect the masses, just those folks that feel like it's just great to live right on the water in one of the rainiest parts of the country..

Can say for a fact the Washougal River is RAGING right now. Really awesome to behold...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:46:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the invite..........Do you happen to have a local range as well.

Sure do!

We call it "the desert"

Ranges are for sighting in hunting rifles.  When it comes time to actually shoot, the open desert is where it's at!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey Richard!

It's not too bad, though the ground is real soggy!

Lot of rivers are high, but not to the point where it'll effect the masses, just those folks that feel like it's just great to live right on the water in one of the rainiest parts of the country..

Can say for a fact the Washougal River is RAGING right now. Really awesome to behold...

From GT?!

How ya doin my friend?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#24]
bumping to see if the jonathanon is who I think he is.

What's the code word, bro?  You know, she lives next to me!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top