Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:55:37 AM EDT
I was looking to buy one more AR15 9mm Carbine but after looking what Bushmaster and Rock River had to offer in this caliber and the outragious prices they wanted for re engineered clone i just figured i would spend the extra two hundred bucks and stay with the Colt.  

My old preban 6450 has always been rock solid over the years of service and lays waste to the Bobcat FS in perfect operational use. The Colt has alway made shooting a lot funner in the AR15 experience, and provides solid  over all fuction quality and accurate shooting.  

The new LE 6450 retains all the unique features of the prban modle with the added flavor of the push pin receiver, jet black finish and retains the original M4A1 four pos stock.  With the added cost of ammo for 5.56mm the 9mm makes a nice alternitive and is about half the cost to other calibers.  Good to go....  The Bobcat is confirmed pussy gun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing wrong with your thinking.  I want a 9mm carbine as well.  I just need more time to save the money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt LE6450 9mm is an excellent carbine.  

I have one NIB and cringe everytime I look @ it second guessing myself if I should keep it as a safe queen NIB or load'r up and lett'r rip. I have shot other 6450's ( just not mine ).

If it weren't for my other 9mm carbines that I do shoot, I am quite certain the 6450 WOULD NOT still be in it's carboard factory box.

With the recent price gouging on .223 I am surprised more AR lovers are not turning to the 9mm considering cost savings of close to 50% on the ammo.

My 9mm's

H&K 94-A3
IMI Uzi
MAC-10 ( open bolt )
Colt LE 6450

pistols:

Colt Combat Commander ( 70 series )
S&W model 3913
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys are making me want a 9mm carbine more and more.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You guys are making me want a 9mm carbine more and more.....

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#5]
When did Colt start running ads in the HTFs?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a friend who is looking to get rid of a preban 6430 NIB if anyone is interested... I has been posted on the Equipment Exchange..... Contact me if you want more info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top