Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 10:00:03 PM EDT
Since quite a few of us ARFCOMers are also Dirt Bike, ATV & Jeep 4X4 enthusiasts I thought it would be prudent to post the following article. We all need to go to Olympia on Feb 3rd to let the Libtards know that we are in fact the rightfull owners of the King's forest. Hopefully we will get their attention.
                                            RedDawg6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORV RALLY  (excerpts from January 2006 www.soundrider .com)

BE THERE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd 2006, NOON – 2PM, CAPITOL BUILDING STEPS, OLYMPIA
Be a part of the massive ORV Rally in Olympia, on the Capitol Building steps, on Friday, February 3, from noon to 2 pm!!!  Instead of filling Olympia with our rigs and toys to demonstrate our economic impact, we are going to fill it with ORV people. Carpooling will accomplish this – and it is a must as parking is being limited. Cram every ORV buddy you can into your car!  We can fill the steps, the lawn, the courtyard, and beyond. We can easily be the biggest crowd our legislators have ever seen, and when we roar on February 3, the whole town will hear us. Parking will be at Deschutes Parkway by the lake, protected by the WSP, and shuttles will be provided to get us over to the Capitol Building (it’s only a half mile).

The second big push for this rally is to book each legislator’s calendar solid all day before and after the noon to 2 pm slot, with voting constituents ready to talk about our issues. This is just as important as making a big splash on the Capitol steps!  It’s easy, use www.apps.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder to quickly identify your legislators from your district, and access their private official email address. Use that to make an appointment with them for Rally Day!

We have plenty of issues, and talking point papers will be widely available before and during the rally, to use in your meetings with legislators, should a member of the press ask you questions, or just to be fully informed yourself:

We’ll use the same staging points as last year, wear your gear, bring the whole family, kids too!

Rally Staging Points:

Cycle Barn - Smokey Point
RMC - Renton
Tacoma Mall - Tacoma
South Sound Honda- Olympia
Mason County - Shelton Denny's
If you want to make your own signs, the official slogans are:

Open Areas = Quiet Neighborhoods
OHV Use Is Not A Crime
OHV Use Builds Strong Families
DNR Land Is Not "The King's Forest"
It costs to make the signs and other rally materials. If you would like to make a donation, contact Rally Treasurer Brett Wise at (425) 226-4320 x.207 or [email protected]. For more information on the Rally, to volunteer, etc., contact Ed Bushnell at 425-931-3332 or Angie Marek at 253-537-3172.

If you love ORV recreation, you’ve got to find a way to be there!  We need to win the current battles, for sure, but one day we’re going to win this war!  We’ll see you on the Capitol Building steps February 3rd!

For complete article go to:  http://www.soundrider.com/Jan06/06_orv_rally.htm

This is something that you can do to support our sport.

Les Leonard
President NW Quad Assn
425 424 3451
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, if I can get there, I'll bring a good sign. I'm deep into atvs. Just don't know about my schedule for that week yet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DNR Land Is Not "The King's Forest"

Nice.

DNR land does not belong to the Citizens of the State of Washington, It belongs to a  Public Trust.....

Don't you all pay attention.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DNR land does not belong to the Citizens of the State of Washington, It belongs to a  Public Trust.....  Don't you all pay attention.

The problem is that the Libtards don't trust the public to be allowed to venture into the King's forest that is controled by the public trust!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I still get a backache every time I look at the quad.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Whiskey, if your back hurts, you're not going FAST ENOUGH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top