Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 5:06:07 PM EDT
Thats willing to drive out to UP, on a wed night.....at this hour....That doesn't have to work tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thats willing to drive out to UP, on a wed night.....at this hour....That doesn't have to work tomorrow.....

or you could come to the bible study and learn something useful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or you could come to the bible study and learn something useful.

Eat

Drink

and be Merry....

Got it...now what can I learn from the Torah, Koran, and Necrinomicon?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time I get a drinking buddy it turns out to be a drunk.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Eat Drink    and be Merry....

Luke 12 -18This will I be doing: I will pull down my barns, and greater ones will I build, and I will gather there all my grain and my good things.
19 And I will be declaring to my soul, "Soul, many good things have you laid up for many years. Rest, eat, drink, make merry."'
20 "Yet God said to him, 'Imprudent one! In this night your soul are they demanding from you. Now, what you make ready, whose will it be?'
21 Thus is he who is hoarding for himself and is not rich for God."

Cor 15- 32 if, as a man, I fight wild beasts in Ephesus, what is the benefit to me? If the dead are not being roused, "we may be eating and drinking, for tomorrow we are dying."
33 Be not deceived: evil conversations are corrupting kind characters.
34 Sober up justly and do not be sinning, for some have an ignorance of God. To abash you am I saying it.

Quoted:

You can learn a lot from those writings but they are not able to make you wise unto salvation.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eat Drink    and be Merry....

Luke 12 -18This will I be doing: I will pull down my barns, and greater ones will I build, and I will gather there all my grain and my good things.
19 And I will be declaring to my soul, "Soul, many good things have you laid up for many years. Rest, eat, drink, make merry."'
20 "Yet God said to him, 'Imprudent one! In this night your soul are they demanding from you. Now, what you make ready, whose will it be?'
21 Thus is he who is hoarding for himself and is not rich for God."

Cor 15- 32 if, as a man, I fight wild beasts in Ephesus, what is the benefit to me? If the dead are not being roused, "we may be eating and drinking, for tomorrow we are dying."
33 Be not deceived: evil conversations are corrupting kind characters.
34 Sober up justly and do not be sinning, for some have an ignorance of God. To abash you am I saying it.

Quoted:

You can learn a lot from those writings but they are not able to make you wise unto salvation.

Thank you papa-smurf, you are wise beyond your years......now, where'd my buzz go?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thank you papa-smurf, you are wise beyond your years......now, where'd my buzz go?

Many meetings leading to revolution were held in bars.

"the rat is in the chair"
"Jan has a long mustache"

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is no force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist."

John Adams

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Eat Drink  and be Merry....

And another thing why can't you do all those things at the bible study ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eat Drink  and be Merry....

And another thing why can't you do all those things at the bible study ?

Because you practiacally live in canada...and well, last time I was in bible study...well, I was probably 14.  They didn't like me showing up drunk then either!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Like Tun Tavern, for instance!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Viva La Resistance!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Tun Tavern, for instance!

THE GREEN DRAGON TAVERN birthplace of the American revolution

Actually many places such as taverns and trees in the forest called liberty trees were used as meeting places for the committees of safety but the real revolution started in the churches, the men at Lexington green said the they "had prepared their whole life" for that day and generations before them, because a real revolution is not an act but and ideal, immortal as you can not kill it, the precept & ideal lives on even though the man dies.

"Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people . . . . This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution."
John Adams,

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone that renders us invincible. These are the tactics we should study. If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger."
Patrick Henry

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top