BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 11:42:25 PM EDT
Everett Herald

Everett police officer is stabbed
Wounds apparently not life-threatening

By Theresa Goffredo
Herald Writer

EVERETT - An Everett police officer was seriously injured Wednesday night while trying to subdue an emotionally disturbed man at a downtown apartment building.

The officer suffered a stab wound to his abdomen. He was undergoing surgery late Wednesday at Providence Everett Medical Center's Colby campus.

"Of course we're very concerned with an officer hurt," said Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson, who was at the hospital. "We're all hoping for the best and at least preliminary information from what the emergency room doctors said, it didn't appear life threatening."

Stephanson was joined at the hospital by the officer's wife, Police Chief Jim Scharf and two deputy police chiefs.

The officer's daughter was on her way to the hospital. The officer is a 23-year veteran of the police department.

A second officer responding to the scene was bitten by the suspect.

Police received a call about 8:55 p.m. Wednesday from the manager of the Hodges Apartment, in the 1800 block of Hewitt Avenue, about a mentally disturbed man living on the third floor.

The resident had caused numerous problems throughout the last couple of days, such as ongoing vandalism in apartments surrounding his, said Everett police Sgt. Boyd Bryant.

When police arrived, the tenant wouldn't cooperate, police said. The tenant then confronted one of the officers with a knife and stabbed him. The suspect then bit the other officer.

The suspect became unconscious as he was being restrained. Bryant was unsure why that occurred.

The suspect also was being treated at Colby, Bryant said.

"He's a very experienced officer," Bryant said.

The suspect could face first-degree assault charges, though Bryant cautioned that the investigation had just begun.

Thoughts and prayers sent to injured officer.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The suspect became unconscious as he was being restrained. Bryant was unsure why that occurred.

A well deserved with an Asp will do that to ya!!

Hope the cop gets better ASAP
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen some guy down that way wandering in the street, blocking traffic, yelling at the cars. I wonder....?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Emotionally disturbed - Hopefully that is not determined by the courts already so his punishment will be fitting.  

I wish the Officer a speedy recovery for the Holidays. CC
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting this Gibby.  It looks like someones Christmas present is getting to stay alive.

Its hard to make a call without having been there, but I can say that if someone stabbed my partner, or any of you guys while I was there, they would probably not have a chance to plead insanity.  I also hope any of you guys & gals would be nice enough to shoot someone who had stabbed me....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The ASShat stabbed one and took a bite out of another.  He's damn lucky to be alive.  

I have several ties to the LEO community in Snohomish County and wish them nothing but well wishes.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for posting this Gibby.  It looks like someones Christmas present is getting to stay alive.

Its hard to make a call without having been there, but I can say that if someone stabbed my partner, or any of you guys while I was there, they would probably not have a chance to plead insanity.  I also hope any of you guys & gals would be nice enough to shoot someone who had stabbed me....

...depends on if you shot their dog or not.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
That shitstain needs to be chlorinated from the gene pool.

Prayers sent for the Officer.

Quoted:
 I also hope any of you guys & gals would be nice enough to shoot someone who had stabbed me....

Mozambique is not just a country.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
All I can say right now is....

There are people in the Telemarket Center that are upset that we are still breathing the same oxygen as this guy....

End of message.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top