Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 1:23:50 PM EDT
I headed out to check on the camper today. I was going to see about getting it wired up to my truck so the interior lights would work. I open the door and to my horror I see a couple small puddles of water. Damn, the roof leaks. I put a tarp over the top a month or two ago, but it was a junky tarp so I guess it leaks also. Has a little wood rot, and I know where the water is leaking in so I'll just mound a bunch of roofing tar up there when the rain stops.

I figured out the mess of wiring, so I should have interior lights for LCR.

For $50 what can you expect, right
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I headed out to check on the camper today. I was going to see about getting it wired up to my truck so the interior lights would work. I open the door and to my horror I see a couple small puddles of water. Damn, the roof leaks. I put a tarp over the top a month or two ago, but it was a junky tarp so I guess it leaks also. Has a little wood rot, and I know where the water is leaking in so I'll just mound a bunch of roofing tar up there when the rain stops.

I figured out the mess of wiring, so I should have interior lights for LCR.

For $50 what can you expect, right

I'll give ya 5 bucks for it
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the transfer stations take stuff that big?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
"I'll just mound a bunch of roofing tar up there when the rain stops."

and that'll be around.......June or so...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
i would just gut the thing and Rhino line it.  that way you can just hose it out to remove any "evidence"
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i would just gut the thing and Rhino line it.  that way you can just hose it out to remove any "evidence"

Or for when MrsK has too much to drink.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or for when MrsK has too much to drink.

[insert flipping you off smiley here]

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I took on the camper project this afternoon.

The leak was coming from the roof opening from where the refrigerator is supposed to be. Previous owner took the fridge out, and made a patch for the roof. problem was the patch was too small and she didn't use much sealer. I tore out the junk she had in place. Then riveted and siliconed some aluminum panels in place.

I figured out which wires work the interior lights. hooked them up to a cigarette lighter plug. Now I just have to plug it into the cigarette lighter in the truck and I'll have lights.

Damn, I'm handy
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I took on the camper project this afternoon.

The leak was coming from the roof opening from where the refrigerator is supposed to be. Previous owner took the fridge out, and made a patch for the roof. problem was the patch was too small and she didn't use much sealer. I tore out the junk she had in place. Then riveted and siliconed some aluminum panels in place.

I figured out which wires work the interior lights. hooked them up to a cigarette lighter plug. Now I just have to plug it into the cigarette lighter in the truck and I'll have lights.
Damn, I'm handy

Rig up the porta' potty to flush w/ the turn signals and you'll be my hero
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#9]
WTG Kooter!

Say, why don't you bring some paint cans to LCR and we'll help you tag... er, paint it!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No porta potty in my camper. I guess I could rig one up out of the non-working sink though
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No porta potty in my camper. I guess I could rig one up out of the non-working sink though

Phil, Chelle, & I would sure appreciate it if you would. (And park closer to the fire too)

I could always get a bumper dumper
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top