Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:25:09 PM EDT
I'm thinking we could take up a collection to send SKSGuy to law school. THEN he could be the answer man instead of the question man!

What say ye?
***this post is provided for comedic effect only. Yes, I have no sense of humor, but that is the intention.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I say he enlists and puts himself through.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I'm going to school for a couple engineering degrees.  I don't think I could stand law school.  

-Rob
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, I'm going to school for a couple engineering degrees.  I don't think I could stand law school.  

-Rob

The question is...  could they stand you?!

What field of engineering?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Mechanical and Electrical engineering.  I'm contemplating an associates in Computer engineering since it's only a handful of classes away on the way to the electrical degree.

-Rob
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mechanical and Electrical engineering.  I'm contemplating an associates in Computer engineering since it's only a handful of classes away on the way to the electrical degree.

-Rob

I think mechanical is the way to go. I don't know what your aspirations are when you graduate, but Stress engineering seems to be the hot ticket at the present time. Contracts for stress engineers seem to be about the highest out there. Even if your plans are to get a direct job some place with benefits and retirement and all of that, I highly suggest at least considering going contracting for a year or two after graduation. It's not for everyone, but you can build up some savings quick when you make a lot of money working a lot of OT.

Just my personal biased opinion, of course.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Rob

I think mechanical is the way to go. I don't know what your aspirations are when you graduate, but Stress engineering seems to be the hot ticket at the present time. Contracts for stress engineers seem to be about the highest out there. Even if your plans are to get a direct job some place with benefits and retirement and all of that, I highly suggest at least considering going contracting for a year or two after graduation. It's not for everyone, but you can build up some savings quick when you make a lot of money working a lot of OT.

Just my personal biased opinion, of course.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that actually.  I have a few ideas in mind for my own shop once I'm better established but the initial investment money has to come from somewhere.

-Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top