Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 10:21:59 AM EDT
 I saw the TV cops actually use the "Home Boy" style of gun handling.  It's one thing to see the gang bangers shooting that way and it's perfectly acceptable because they are stupid to beging with. Cops are supposed to be better trained and more firearms savy than the criminals. I was kind of surprised to see cops even using that style of gun handling. I realize it's just TV but usually they try to make it somewhat realistic. It's really starting to catch on and we will have a whole segment of our society who will emulate these guys and be lousy shots for the rest of their lives!
In a way that is a good thing if the criminal element in our society picks up on this and copies it. But when the society at large starts to do it there will be a lot of bad habbits for those guys to break before they ever learn to shoot properly. I realize you can't and shouldn't learn to shoot from watching a stupid TV program but I'm thinking about the greater segment of the shooting community that has never had any formal firearms training. A lot of thos idiots are influenced by TV! Rant Over!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 I saw the TV cops actually use the "Home Boy" style of gun handling. It's really starting to catch on and we will have a whole segment of our society who will emulate these guys and be lousy shots for the rest of their lives!

You gotta look at it this way....

If they are shooting at you, do you want them to be able to shoot as good or better then you?.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the DNR cops will start  shooting "Home Boy" style!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I was watching COPS one night. The cop walked into an apartment building looking for some guy. The guy was sitting on the steps right inside the door. The cop pulled his pistol out and held it homeboy style about 2 inches from the top of the guys head. Then ordered the guy onto the ground.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe the DNR cops will start  shooting "Home Boy" style!

DNR Employees, are scared of gunz...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I liked it better, back when all those tv cops carried their pistols pointed straight up, about 2 inches from their heads. Finger on trigger, of course. Nothing like an ND to destroy your ear and maybe blow the lens off your eyeball! Another reason to avoid serial television.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
2 out of 3 have no trigger control.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
2 out of 3 have no trigger control.

yeah, you saw that too?

yikes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 I saw the TV cops actually use the "Home Boy" style of gun handling.  It's one thing to see the gang bangers shooting that way and it's perfectly acceptable because they are stupid to beging with. Cops are supposed to be better trained and more firearms savy than the criminals. I was kind of surprised to see cops even using that style of gun handling. I realize it's just TV but usually they try to make it somewhat realistic. It's really starting to catch on and we will have a whole segment of our society who will emulate these guys and be lousy shots for the rest of their lives!
In a way that is a good thing if the criminal element in our society picks up on this and copies it. But when the society at large starts to do it there will be a lot of bad habbits for those guys to break before they ever learn to shoot properly. I realize you can't and shouldn't learn to shoot from watching a stupid TV program but I'm thinking about the greater segment of the shooting community that has never had any formal firearms training. A lot of thos idiots are influenced by TV! Rant Over!

Well it doesnt help that Ice-T is one of the cops on law and order, or maybe he is a detective. Either way, most of the time when someone from the "rap" industry are in a movie its pretty F'n lame.....Most of the time
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
2 out of 3 have no trigger control.   Are hittable

FIXT
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top